nick1085

Site co-founder and all round SC tragic, Nick no longer writes too much these days but hosts the SC Report each week and looks after most of the site administration.

Wayne's World S04E06
Wayne's World S04E06 (@upbeatthisweek)
1 year ago

Just wondering fellas, seems like some top scoring players on here tonight. How many years have some of you guys been at it??

This is my 3rd year and I have always been around 1% but never really right up there. I was in 24th once till a massive red arrow killed any dreams I may of had for that season.

BOB
BOB (@bob)
1 year ago

I’ve been playing since the start of SC. 2008 I think it was. The year Matt’s Tigers won. I ended up finishing 13th and been hooked ever since. Lots of top 100s in the early years but now making the top 1000 is tough. I think I finished in the 4000s or something last year. This year I’m currently 3rd. Obviously I’ve had a lot of luck to get to this position but having experience does help I think.

Dezz
Dezz (@dezz)
Reply to  BOB
1 year ago

Are you captaining turbo again this week? Asking for a friend

The Myth
The Myth (@the-myth)
Reply to  Dezz
1 year ago

Whoever he captains this year goes ballistic.

I remember it was over 100 after 6 or 7 rounds, what’s it now BOB?

Dezz
Dezz (@dezz)
Reply to  The Myth
1 year ago

My captains have been bloody average, good thing the rest of my squad performs week to week to cover for me.

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  Dezz
1 year ago

Pretty much the opposite of my season. Been carrying junk, getting early injuries and being saved by my captains.

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  The Myth
1 year ago

Still over 100. Got some massive scores from Lolo and now Turbo. Munster rd 11 hurt the average a little.

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  Dezz

I will if you do haha.

Dezz
Dezz (@dezz)
Reply to  BOB
1 year ago

Oh i’ll be on him chasing last weeks pts you can count on that.

Twist
Twist (@r00kie)
Reply to  BOB
1 year ago

BOB, you’re a deadset weapon.

This is my first year taking it seriously (something I should put on all of my posts as a disclaimer!). For the record I am 23!

Pablo Bill
Pablo Bill (@pdbigfish)
1 year ago

7 years, top 1,000 twice but got nothing on these lunatic gurus, discovered this site in 2016 and haven’t looked back. Currently mid 4,000’s, still charging on though. I also am the team leader in beer consumption by a long way. Not proud of that but, actually I kinda am 😉

Doose
Doose (@doose)
Reply to  Pablo Bill
1 year ago

I’ve been playing for about 7 years. Have generally been too busy at work to post much though. Highest finish was 20th a few years back. Came 107th last year from memory

Cardy

rockafella (@rockafella)
Reply to  CoG

x2 here

The Myth
The Myth (@the-myth)
1 year ago

Playing since 2009ish. Not sure the specific year because I had just started high school. It was grade 7 or 8 I started. My second year Matt Gillett was a cheapie.

Couldn’t tell you where I was placed in the first 5 years, not awful but not great from what I remember.

From 2014 onwards I’ve finished outside the top 500 just once with a personal best of 48th. Sitting 870th currently.

Still making the same mistakes as 5 years ago! But trying to learn from them.

Monty Burns
Monty Burns (@mackeydevils)
Reply to  The Myth
1 year ago

started high school in 2009. gawd i feel old. and I’m not a scratch on KK, CoG, Rocka and many others (where’s Harfin’s Flyers these days ?)

Occy
Occy (@dasha11049)
Reply to  Monty Burns
1 year ago

I’m with you Monty…high school in 2009!!! Geez I think I was 1979.

Harfin’s Flyers…there’s a name from the past

Fungus
Fungus (@fungus)
1 year ago

First year back after dabbling in SC around 9-10 years ago. Aiming to get into the top 10k.

CoG
CoG (@sandworm)
1 year ago

Have played SC way too long but my love of the game keeps me hooked. I started playing the gameof league in the days of unlimited tackles and been a fan since the 7 stone 7 oz debut at primary school Main reasons I play are -fun , cash .player knowledge , competitive nature and something challenging and diff to prevent /delay dementia I think there was only dream team when I started playing. Never been top end much until this year as I take a break OS most years, The site think tank is awesome and if you have… Read more »

Pool Man
Pool Man (@paulo)
1 year ago

I’ve been playing for five years the best I have done until now was 352 two years ago. It took me a few years to get the bye planning right.

rockafella
rockafella (@rockafella)
Reply to  Pool Man
1 year ago

yep with you on the bye planning pool man.
My second year overall and i am learning quickly about the art.
Last year was to much quantity and not enough quality .
This year 12 was quality and 16 i have the numbers but a bit to much quantity i feel..
Next year will be my best year.
Playing all three forms of fantasy footy has me learning a lot quicker i feel..
Being in the top 50 in fantasy last year for 10 weeks gave me the feeling i was starting to get it right..

loosemcgoose
loosemcgoose (@loosemcgoose)
1 year ago

4 years in supercoach, 3 top 1000’s but have never really been in it and have always snuck in there by the end of the season

i’ve had 2 top 10’s in both RDT and fantasy in that time though (god last year was a rollercoaster being 2nd and just not being able to catch 1) , a good super coach finish has been elusive for me (hopefully this year is differnt was 175 rd 2 and am currently 300)

Monty Burns
Monty Burns (@mackeydevils)
1 year ago

started playing SC H2H when I joined a new company in 2012 and there was a cash comp going. Didn’t even really follow league at the time and didn’t know about this site or others like it, so the first few years were brutal. No idea about overall finishes. I got serious about overall in 2016 when I fluked it with the h2h team and made it into the top 1000. Came 65th in 2017. Was just outside the top 1000 around round 20 last year and got desperate and zagged when I should have zigged – finished around the… Read more »

WT2K
WT2K (@wt00)
1 year ago

Not top scoring this year. Think I’ve been around 5 years or so.. I think. Monty one of the long term posters I remember when I joined the site. Tas was another, I think changed name now. Been top 1k apart from my first season. Sitting 3k atm aiming to crack 1k by season’s end.

zpazzy
zpazzy (@zpazzy)
1 year ago

i joined Super Coach 2011 or 2012 from memory. My highest ranking was 315th and my lowest ranking was around 3.5K.

My season rank thus far is 1K.

POD Hunter
POD Hunter (@pod-hunter)
1 year ago

Played the old Fox fantasy in 2011-12 before that got merged into SC. Unlimited trades and 3 trades a week in that – no wonder I’m such a trade addict. Finished 400th and 50th in the easier fox and was hooked. Joined SC and found this site in 2013. Sturggled year one but then had a 200th, 1800, 130th, 600th and a 7000 blow out last year. I could blame traveling at the time but it just wasn’t my year. i learned about SC from this site. I remember the 2013 winner , Darren, did a season review that helped… Read more »

SADragon
SADragon (@sadragon)
1 year ago

3rd year as well. Up in CoG.s age bracket and because of this site have never finished further back than 3000. Lived in South Oz up until start of this month when I moved back to NSW to take away the advantage the rest of you had on me. Great site great people. [got a trade addiction, so I play nrl.com and the afl on the supercoach site to help the trades for NRL SC.

Aizen
Aizen (@aizen1986)
1 year ago

Playing since 2014, 32 years as you could guess from the username lol never really been that close to the top 1k until last year:

2014 – 38582
2015 – 5839
2016 – 15925
2017 – 14524
2018 – 1012

Around about the final 3rd of last year I discovered this site, and now I’m sitting at the moment at 1276 and and at no point during a year have I been this close to the top 1k which is my goal. No secret that its due to all insight I get from this site

birdman
birdman (@birdman)
1 year ago

Ive been playing for maybe 6 years after my son invited me into a league he had with his mates. I always thought it was a nerdy pastime to be honest . Somehow finished top 2000 without knowing about BE’s and any rules or point scoring. Just picked players who ran and tackled hard. [much the same as i do in RDT and fantasy still now HaHa] I found this site midway thru the next year and have been addicted ever since. First time finished top 1000 last year after being as high as 10th but dropped down to 800’s.… Read more »

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
1 year ago

Not enough Sportal mentions: the times when Hazem could outscore entire teams, all by himself. I still remember his four-try, nine-goal haul back in 2006 like it was yesterday.

Paddy
Paddy (@paddyn)
1 year ago

4th year, never finished inside the Top 10,000.

Goal was Top 10%, now the goal is Top 1,000. If they don’t do keychains then I making my bloody own. Who’s in?

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
1 year ago

Ive been playing since you had to call and put your team in on the phone lol
I always play to win and usually give up around this time of year , last few years have played Hd2Hd as well and it keeps you interested for the whole season but your overall rank suffers.
Some ppl like to keep PB’s for overall though so i’m trying to last the season this year and not give up, its painful playing for no dollars though

Long Dayz Knight
Long Dayz Knight (@long-dayz-knight)

Cook/ Smith
Fifita/Haas /Surgess/ Mikaele
Lolo/ Jurbo/ Murray/ Nikora*/ Mau*/ Carrigan
Cleary/ Dearden
Ponga/ Moylan
Bateman/ Sivo/ Gutho/ Xerri/ CNK*/ Allan/ Hiroti
Turbo/ Teddy*

15 trades left. 1591st.
Early thoughts are:

Surgess > TKO (16/18th man)
Murray > Matterson (16?/keeper)
Dearden > Hutchison (16?/nuff)
CNK > Kerr (16?/nuff)
Allan > Latrell (16?/keeper).

Thoughts?

AceVentura
AceVentura (@broncosnumber1fan)
1 year ago

Will Hutchinson play 16/will keary be back or do you pay the extra little bit of money for Sullivan. Would be a nuff

hazza
hazza (@hazza)
Reply to  AceVentura
1 year ago

I think Keary expected back 17 but probably wait for updates next week. Its hard to see either scoring too many pts so I’ve decided to go up to Watson anyway

gareth
gareth (@gareth)
1 year ago

Has anyone got the verdict on Arrow’s injury?

BillyAbelaLFC
BillyAbelaLFC (@billyabela)
Reply to  gareth
1 year ago

Syndesmosis. Out for 6-12 weeks. Sell.

AceVentura
AceVentura (@broncosnumber1fan)

Tpj or tohu ?

gareth
gareth (@gareth)
Reply to  AceVentura

TPJ. Tohu is playing injured

stats_docs
stats_docs (@stats_docs)
1 year ago

Not sure this will help anyone, but I setup this Google Doc with the data from SC:

It updates by itself, and makes sorting a little easier. Just copy the spreadsheet, leave the raw stats sheet alone, and change the columns in the My Stats tab to be whatever columns you like.

AFAIK, it doesn’t use anything that requires Gold – it simply puts the data in a handy spreadsheet.

Mort
Mort (@mort)
1 year ago

I just watched NRL 360 and I think Paul Kent has spelt his last name wrong. Last two letters are correct, just need to change the vowel. Wow he has a huge ego and thinks he knows more than everybody. Then Paul Green was “interviewed” by Kent and Ikin and it was just a blatant protection of Green’s job. How the Refs cost the Cowboys the game vs the Tigers. Showed replays of the Marsters non call knock on for Mattos try (I agree 100%, should not have been a try) and then the high shot by Kahu as Chee… Read more »

The Duke
The Duke (@the-duke)
Reply to  Mort
1 year ago

In Grand Theft Auto, there’s a character called Kent Paul. He’s a bushido artist and a shifty bastard.

Bluegoose
Bluegoose (@bluegoose)
Reply to  Mort
1 year ago

As a cowboys fan I felt they got a pretty raw deal against Manly the week before. I agree though Mort last week seemed fine to me. Certainly couldn’t blame the ref for the loss. I was mystified when Gus decided to blow up about the penalty try! Chee Kim was definitely going to score. Paul Green must know his job is on the line if they lose a few more in a row. Paul Kent is the arrogant mouthpiece he is using to try and stay put. Green is channelling his inner Geoff Toovey… “there’s gotta be an investigation… Read more »

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  Mort
1 year ago

I turned it off when Paul Green started saying he’s never instructed his players to give away penalty’s on their goal line. The cowboys were the first side that started doing this. It was a clear tactic of theirs. It was smart coaching and now every side is doing it. Yep Paul Kent is one massive ego.

loosemcgoose
loosemcgoose (@loosemcgoose)
1 year ago

Klemmer – > Matterson too sideways?

Not really bothered in burning the trade but i’m not sure its worth it considering i’ve got a pretty strong fwd pack already

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  loosemcgoose
1 year ago

I’m doing similar. Got to sacrifice someone if you want decent numbers for 16. Keeper for a keeper is fine IMO at this stage of the season.

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  loosemcgoose
1 year ago

There’s a chance that Klemmer actually plays R16. The best bet would be to leave this trade as late as possible.

POD Hunter
POD Hunter (@pod-hunter)

If Klemmer is fit he has to play for NSW

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  POD Hunter
1 year ago

There’s a chance that happens too, however, there’s also the chance that if NSW wins, and all the middle forwards perform well and warrant re-selection, he doesn’t return.

rockafella
rockafella (@rockafella)

No way in the world .A fit klemmer plays origin regardless of how they go.
He improves that team more than anyone in the middle.

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  rockafella
1 year ago

I’m not debating Klemmer’s ability or his Origin standing, I’m simply stating that in this context, since there’s the possibility he may play R16, that this trade is best to be kept until we know the R16 status of both players.

POD Hunter
POD Hunter (@pod-hunter)

My point is it’s a very very low possibility Klemmer plays 16. So the trade out is fine – but I would wait on the trade in if it’s Matterson.

Klemmer is either injured or he is fit and gets picked for NSW. Just because a team wins doesn’t mean it can’t be improved by bringing in one of its best players

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  POD Hunter
1 year ago

If you’re only going to make one trade, then all possibilities should be weighed the same, until the trade-in/trade-out status’ are known.

If he was planning to make 3-4 trades, then that’s when you start looking at the probability of Klemmer playing R16 because you’ll then need to prioritize each trade by its risk.

The probability of Klemmer playing R16 may be “very very low”, but there’s still the risk that he may play, and if you can avoid that until you know otherwise, then it’s best to.

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  rockafella
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  loosemcgoose

loosemcgoose

I hope you didn’t trade Klemmer to Matterson in the end?

auspng
auspng (@auspng)
1 year ago

Who is more of the keeper?

TU Sivo
TD Gutherson

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  auspng
1 year ago

I think Gutho needs fewer things to go his way in order to put up keeper scores, given that he can chime in whenever he wants, and thus, is less reliant on others like Sivo is. But it’s certainly easier to justify Gutho being a keeper given that his price has basically bottomed out, and you’re not going to really benefit moving him on, whereas with Sivo being 140k more, it allows more flexibility with who you can trade to. Plus, his try-run will eventually come to an end, his price will drop, and you’re at odds if you should… Read more »

TurkeySnow
TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)

In sivo defence after signing with mounties he went on to score 35 tries and then 12 for panthers reggies in 2018 so he can find the line.

He also has scored a try in every game at bankwest stadium so far:

Plays:
17 – tigers
19 – NZL
21 – Knights
23 – Dogs
25 – Manly

all at BW, he has actually also scored tries in 8 of his last games and I believe the down fall of fergo

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  TurkeySnow
1 year ago

Oh, no doubt, his ability to find the line is undeniable, and you need at least one of those players in your CTW. But, there’ll be games where he doesn’t score (he only scored two tries in his first five games, averaging 43 points; as opposed to scoring 10 tries in the other eight games, averaging 69 points), and all that profit he’s made will dissolve with each game. If you’re still holding Gutho, you’ve already made the decision to hold him as he’s bottoming out, which now makes it easier to keep him for the run home because it’s… Read more »

ubeaut
ubeaut (@ubeaut)

You can also make the same arguments for keeping CNK. He’s also around the same price as Gutho.
So for me it is keep one trade the other. And Gutho has been a steaming pile of dog poo ever since I traded him in at 580k. I thought he was fools gold but the only other r12 CTW was Ma’u who was still on the bench the time.

POD Hunter
POD Hunter (@pod-hunter)

Agree with the Flock. Gutho output seems more sustainable. Both will be nice some match ups but I trade sivo for similar reasons as outlined

SADragon
SADragon (@sadragon)
Reply to  auspng

I traded Sivo to Gotho for the run home. haha

maggots
maggots (@maggots)
1 year ago

I really cant wait to trade Allan, he has by far been my most disappointing trade in all year and has been hanging around like a bad smell.
Who else has everyone been disappointed with this year?

holmes12
holmes12 (@holmes12)
Reply to  maggots
1 year ago

I thought maggots liked bad smells.

hazza
hazza (@hazza)
Reply to  maggots
1 year ago

Mikaele. He’s finally been hitting at least 30s with the odd 40-50 so he’ll peak once this 16 bye is done but geez it’s been a slow burn

CallMeBigPapi
CallMeBigPapi (@callmebigpapi)
Reply to  maggots
1 year ago

i have him, any cheap players i can trade him with, in centre second row or front row

Wayne's World S04E06
Wayne's World S04E06 (@upbeatthisweek)
Reply to  maggots
1 year ago

Allan by far and maybe having Roach sit in my side all year for one game played in my 17.

Although Roach might still pay off
Allan for my has been by far the worst player in my team this year.

ubeaut
ubeaut (@ubeaut)
Reply to  maggots
1 year ago

I was all set to get Uele, but then Whitbread came along who played r12. So I got him and now Uele has made 200k.
I hate the byes for this reason.
The other is Gutho. Was averaging 70+ when I traded him in at 580k. Now he’s 400k and has had scores of 0,10,49,62,53,32 (from memory)
All because of the stupid byes. I didn’t want Gutho I knew he was over achieving but there was no one else except Ma’u who was still on the bench.

1 21 22 23 24 25 124