nick1085

Site co-founder and all round SC tragic, Nick no longer writes too much these days but hosts the SC Report each week and looks after most of the site administration.

Rare panther
Rare panther (@gb022)
1 year ago

thanks for the advice, so, i don’t need Lane, your opinion to trade in kikau or graham now? a little concerned about graham’s minutes, thinking wait this week to see, problem is lane losing $$. or wait and play tevaga for a few weeks.
thanks

BillyAbelaLFC
BillyAbelaLFC (@billyabela)
Reply to  Rare panther
1 year ago

Both won’t play 16. Both have upside. I’d say Kikau personally. Without the strapping he is looking excellent at the moment.

TurkeySnow
TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
Reply to  Rare panther
1 year ago

Kikau looking the goods, + Cleary out should mean Kikau sees a lot more ball in attack down Maloney’s side

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
1 year ago

So ppl saying sivo is a sell and mitchell a buy because he play’s tiges weak edge.

Round 17 sivo is versing the same team in the day time in a full strength team , just a thought for those doubting sivo as a hold. For me prob not starting 17 this week or next obviously but looks handy after that, any other’s selling at this stage?

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

If I had Sivo i’d be trying everything to keep him. I’m one of the idiots who sold him before he went on his run haha.

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  Team B
1 year ago

well you sold him at the right time and he was a cheapie , it was hard to judge if he was a keeper or not and still is hard to decide on.

to me he is one of those player’s that look’s good on the pine waiting for a run when needed . I still don’t think he is a keeper although last time i sat him out he scored a ton.. this year we might be lucky and be able to hold 500k player’s on the pine , those $$$ do look tempting though ..

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

At the time it 100% suited my needs, forget who I got in with the cash, it was either Ponga or Cook, but it would of been nice to find another way. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, he obviously isn’t a lock starter in CTW but he sure would be nice to play on match-ups.

Monty Burns
Monty Burns (@mackeydevils)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

sivo is a hold all year for me. play on match-ups and also when at Bankwest

mrots
mrots (@mrots)
Reply to  Monty Burns

Bankwest during the day* 😉

Monty Burns
Monty Burns (@mackeydevils)
Reply to  mrots
1 year ago

yes, good call. can’t believe how they manage to turn it into a green ice-rink after dark

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  Monty Burns
1 year ago

bankwest could prob be the new stoke in EPL lol but can you score on a rainy day in stoke hahah

LOTE
LOTE (@oscar-stgeorge)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

I sold since I’ll probably have 5 or 6 CTWs ahead of him so he may not have gotten a run anyway. A round 16 gun will be a much better bet to send me up the rankings.

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  LOTE
1 year ago

one can argue he is a top 5-6 centre , but then again this position is game by game i guess

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

I’m not an owner, but if I was I would probably look at selling.

He’s score 6 tries in the last 5 weeks, but is only averaging 56 across that period.

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  Dravid
1 year ago

good point, something to think about

mrots
mrots (@mrots)
1 year ago

Anyone know the story with Jazz Tevega? Is Burr dropped on form or injured? Will Tevega likely keep the 13 next week?

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  mrots
1 year ago

personally i reckon there are better options but he seem’s solid starting or off the bench he should see 50+ mins either way

mrots
mrots (@mrots)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

Interested to hear who you have in your little black book at the same price point OTB… 😉 Host slightly cheaper, but not as much a worker to tick over the base. Obviously these type of players will require a second trade, but interested in purely a points for 16 analysis.

Bear
Bear (@wackers)
Reply to  mrots
1 year ago

Burr is out with ‘general soreness’, whatever the hell that means. Burr hasn’t started in the last 2 games and with Tofu out then maybe Tevega now has a starting role? I’m picking him up this week but it’s not without it’s risks.

mrots
mrots (@mrots)
Reply to  Bear
1 year ago

Thanks Bear. I’m throwing everything at this bye – even breaking a couple of commandments, to see if I can jump a few places. These type of players in my team make me feel a little dirty, but still contemplating a Host/Tevega type for another number next week. I’ve got cash, and a few trades up my sleeve to correct in 17 and 18…

Bear
Bear (@wackers)
Reply to  mrots
1 year ago

Best case scenario is that Tevega keeps his spot and you have a nice POD who could av 60+, borderline keeper territory and matching the likes of CSmith. Worst case scenario, he goes back to the bench and av in the 50s whilst you’ve saved $200k from going the likes of CSmith. Can’t loose on this one.

mrots
mrots (@mrots)
Reply to  Bear
1 year ago

This is a crack at an extra 60 points next week only for me… as you say though, a handy backup if he keeps the spot.

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  mrots
1 year ago

This is a very big week so il be waiting before each game if possible , with murray and matto scoring under 55 i can now feel more comfortable holding Surg and most likely nuff or mid player for back row .. i wont know until later mrots

Steve
Steve (@stevehill158gmail-com)
1 year ago

Does anyone know if Xavier Coates is a chance to play round 16? He’s apparently been going well in Qld cup, was MOM in under 18’s SOO and last week played for PNG. He’s now 18 but not played an NRL game yet but is listed as “reserve”. I’m thinking C Oates may get rested

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  Steve
1 year ago

Oates plays origin in 16. He’ll get a run if Isaako is still out. Apparently he’s missing this week due to his dad being sick.

Chookers
Chookers (@chookers)

TU/TD:

Gutherson to Tevaga?

mrots
mrots (@mrots)
Reply to  Chookers
1 year ago

Parra’s run home is pretty good… I’d be keeping Guth. I will probably be picking him up soon. At his price he is a steal if he goes on a run again.

Shlapper
Shlapper (@shlapper)
Reply to  mrots
1 year ago

Just simply so much upside, sadly need the Eels to help him get there. He needs team to play better to pump up his score 🙂

Elias

APayneInTheHaas (@apayneinthehaas)
Reply to  Elias

1,2

polarbear
polarbear (@polarbear)
1 year ago

Now with Ponga confirmed right to go, I have to pick one of these guys (who had slight injuries after last weekends tests).
Who to play?
TU Ma’u
TD AFB

Nepal Donkeys
Nepal Donkeys (@nepal-donkeys)
Reply to  polarbear
1 year ago

AFB against Titans for sure, could easily go large and is probably due imo (as an owner I have now jinxed him, sorry everyone)

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
Reply to  Nepal Donkeys
1 year ago

I’m selling him this week, so I just reversed your jinx!

Nepal Donkeys
Nepal Donkeys (@nepal-donkeys)
Reply to  Dravid

Thanks man! haha

JF Dragon
JF Dragon (@jf-dragon)
1 year ago

Sell Herbert (TU) or Gutho (TD)?

BT
BT (@bt)
Reply to  JF Dragon
1 year ago

Need context. How are you placed for round 16? If you need numbers then try and hold Herbert and cop the price drop. Also depends on who you are bringing in.

JF Dragon
JF Dragon (@jf-dragon)
Reply to  BT
1 year ago

16 is ok either way; probably for Aitken (for the price rise) on the way to Latrell or someone a bit later. I’m more likely to play Gutho in 17 in certain weeks than I am Herbert.

BT
BT (@bt)
Reply to  JF Dragon

Sounds good. Herbert it is

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
1 year ago

Fellow carty owners what are you guy’s doing?
Originally a hold for me on that right edge but reports proctor is back make’s me want to trade him out this week.

Should we wait another week or just sell now ?

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

I’m holding another week, Manly give up plenty on that edge and deep down I’m hoping he can bag a try then ride off into the sunset as I use his cash to upgrade Dearden to a keeper.

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  Team B
1 year ago

is he against sirro/suli or thommo/walker? Some doubt for me now , they are saying it’s wet in the GC so not confident in a high scoring game anymore :/

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

Surely Will Matthews makes way for Proctor, not Carty?

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  Dravid
1 year ago

matthews to the bench but they switch side’s i prefer him on the right like last round , he looked vintage carty. on the left he doesn’t look that great

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
Reply to  OnTheBus

With a BE of 50 he’s not going to lose much cash even if he has a shocker

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  Dravid
1 year ago

Might just hold and play him , easier to rage trade then . This week is doing my head in

Monty Burns
Monty Burns (@mackeydevils)
Reply to  OnTheBus

i sold him this week

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
1 year ago

Interesting interview with Seibold… talking about the NRL not registering new contracts until you are cap compliant. Basically implied they can’t announce any signings or re-signings until Su’A’s contract is officially registered with the NRL.

So, (assuming Seibold is telling the truth)… it’s only taken McGuire, Kahu, Nikorima, Roberts and Su’A leaving to get Brisbane cap compliant for next year?

itsadundeel94
itsadundeel94 (@itsadundeel94)
Reply to  Dravid
1 year ago

As you said in your statement they wont register New contracts until they’re compliant. Meaning they cant sign anyone new for this year or next because technically Su’A is still on the books.

TurkeySnow
TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
Reply to  Dravid
1 year ago

Or just making funds for signing or counter offer for lodge