nick1085

Site co-founder and all round SC tragic, Nick no longer writes too much these days but hosts the SC Report each week and looks after most of the site administration.

Chookers
Chookers (@chookers)
1 year ago

Who’s best for the run home?

TU: Smithers
TD: AFB

The Pretender
The Pretender (@the-pretender)
Reply to  Chookers

Lots will say Smith.

LOTE
LOTE (@oscar-stgeorge)
Reply to  The Pretender
1 year ago

Probably because it’s more important to have a quality backup hooker.

The Pretender
The Pretender (@the-pretender)
Reply to  LOTE
1 year ago

I would be in agreeance.

Monty Burns
Monty Burns (@mackeydevils)
Reply to  LOTE
1 year ago

depends when you’re planning on running out of trades
if you have CS9, are you playing him every week with an R ? If not. that’s 600k / a lot of salary cap sitting there as an insurance policy

and conversely, if you run Cook and Smith; exhaust your trades and Cook gets injured, that’s 700k that is going to be sitting there not scoring points each week

CoG
CoG (@sandworm)
Reply to  Chookers
1 year ago

Both are ranked at no. 2 for their positions . I am positive there would be others in your squad not ranked as high

Chiefs luck
Chiefs luck (@chiefs-luck)

Out – AFB and Gutho
In – Smith and Aitken

Mainly for overall
TU or TD

Paddy
Paddy (@paddyn)
Reply to  Chiefs luck
1 year ago

AFB and Gutho are very much worth holding as your next in FRF and CTW players. You’d struggle to find better at their positions and it certainly isn’t worth trading them to them find a replacement next man in.

Rinsing trades, this one.

chooks
chooks (@chooks)

Is morgan still playing?

CoG
CoG (@sandworm)
Reply to  chooks

Probably – late mail /final teams dance

BT
BT (@bt)
Reply to  chooks
1 year ago

From Stilesy this morning – Michael Morgan has been in some doubt during the week after sustaining a minor shoulder injury in Origin II, however Coach Green has rested him during the week and says he should be available to play with no other changes expected

chooks
chooks (@chooks)
Reply to  chooks
1 year ago

Thanks guys, some dude on facebook supercoach nrl posted asiata is in 4 morgan at 6. I refuse to believe him lol

Paddy
Paddy (@paddyn)
Reply to  chooks
1 year ago

Out of interest, can everyone hit some thumbs on whether they use Facebook for SuperCoach stuff? I think most of the posts are junk and don’t want it on my feed anyway.

What do you reckon?

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
1 year ago

I stay right away from Facebook for my info, this site is way better, or NRL phsio, Mole etc.

chooks
chooks (@chooks)
1 year ago

As a first year player this site we on now is all i need as without the advice on here i wouldnt be 4th in my h2h cash comp.

DCE2011
DCE2011 (@dce2011)
1 year ago

Don’t trust Facebook (as a company) – so I avoid like the plague.

rubyeden
rubyeden (@rubyeden)

Agree 100%

Cardy
Cardy (@cardy)

This site is the Bomb I never mix FB and footy

Bluey the Cattledog
Bluey the Cattledog (@reimz)
1 year ago

This site for conversations and insight and then just Twitter for instant updates for latemail and nrl phsyio… the dribble on Facebook is way too much to handle!

BT
BT (@bt)
1 year ago

I’m in a couple of NRL FB groups with very informed members, so it’s a thumbs up from me. Just need to pick the wheat from the chaff

chooks
chooks (@chooks)
Reply to  chooks
1 year ago

And now hes deleted his post 🙂

Paddy
Paddy (@paddyn)
1 year ago

ESPN: “Is this the grubbiest NRL act ever?”

Honestly, McGuire on Munster was much worse – he actually got a hold of the eye-lid and gave it a stretch.

George was bad but boy they carry on when it’s a pom and not one of Queensland’s finest. I absolutely hate the C-word (and we say it almost every week around here) but CONSISTENCY, please!

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
1 year ago

I think the problem for George is that it was a Thursday TV game and the camera picked the incident up perfectly. Also his hands had no reason to be there, he wasn’t the main tackler, I do agree McGuire was worse, but neither were good, and with this being a hot topic at the moment George will get punished more.

holmes12
holmes12 (@holmes12)
Reply to  Team B
1 year ago

I think the problem for George is simply that he’s a grub.

Paddy
Paddy (@paddyn)
Reply to  holmes12

Very dissimilar to McGuire 😆

hasbeens
hasbeens (@hasbeens)
Reply to  Team B
1 year ago

Fox Sports replayed his previous DWZ attack at half time and that was also very clear, that I think the other C word is warranted. Hope loading applies

Boffa
Boffa (@boffa)
1 year ago

i thought you meant another c word in reference to McGuire for a second!

DCE2011
DCE2011 (@dce2011)
1 year ago

Unnecessary act that has hurt his team. Can’t see him being resigned by Souths.

Cardy
Cardy (@cardy)

I agree completely

sello
sello (@sello)

Last reserve question
TU Gutho
TD Dwalker
Comment To’o

Matt
Matt (@mprezz)
Reply to  sello
1 year ago

To’o imo. Walker is tempting against the Titans though.

Cardy
Cardy (@cardy)
Reply to  sello

Gutho

bighitters
bighitters (@bighitters)
1 year ago

Who to play last reserve
Tevaga
Morgan
Dwalker

Current reserves are Smith, teddy and TKO

Matt
Matt (@mprezz)
Reply to  bighitters

Tevaga

Rare panther
Rare panther (@gb022)
1 year ago

Am i crazy for holding lane for my back up front or second row? i’m thinking of turning him into kikau or maybe wade graham, you think graham will play 80 minutes?
got fifita, taupow and haas in front row so don’t really need an extra player.
lolo, jurbo, murray, matto and nikora in second row, can move nikora to ctw for kikau or graham.currently last reserve of tevaga, or other option is save trade.

Paddy
Paddy (@paddyn)
Reply to  Rare panther
1 year ago

3 in FRF is ample. 4th slot can be a FRF / 2RF nuff (i.e. Kerr) which you can flip someone up if your 2 starting FRFs go down at the same time. Most would have a TKO, Kapow, Surgess, Klem, JFH sitting as a bench 2RF for this purpose.

I think this is the best way to set up the pack for the run home. 4 FRFs is a waste of cap in my opinion.

soultaker
soultaker (@soultaker)
1 year ago

Just wanted to rant at how pissed I am with myself with not deciding to sell Cook when he was over 800k. To all that were calling me delusional in suggesting Cook to Smith/Mciness then get him back rd 18, a big F(*& you. Hindsight is such a beautiful thing but f*&( me it will cost me points for rd 16 and a shit load of money.

jfish
jfish (@jfish)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

All trades are your decision mate. You asked for peoples opinion on this site and they gave them to you. What else do you want?

soultaker
soultaker (@soultaker)
Reply to  jfish
1 year ago

It’s a bit harsh when you get called delusional or crazy for even suggesting it no? It is what it is

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

You’re always going to get the vanilla advice. Risky moves require you to make the call and have the guts to run with it.

Boffa
Boffa (@boffa)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

Bit harsh – i wish i did the same rather than leaving it until this week to punt cook. But i am happy to run with smith and mcinnes for a few weeks before getting cook back.

Make your own calls and live with them – vent away but don’t blame.

Paddy
Paddy (@paddyn)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

Don’t expect anymore advise then.

Cost you no money either. Also wouldn’t cost you points in R16 if you still traded in the same number of players that play R16. Sounds like you’re more upset about the trades you did make, rather than the ones you didn’t.

soultaker
soultaker (@soultaker)
1 year ago

How did it not cost me money? Do you not understand what sell high, buy low is? The bloke is going to drop potentially lower than $600k after next week. That’ll be close to $250k that I could have saved had I made the trade in rd 13. I am upset I saved my trade.

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

i made the call and they went massive that week , everyone thought i was crazy .
it was the wrong decision for that week , it’s good to get others thoughts but you make your own choice. Sometimes they work sometimes they don’t .

Cook is a keeper if you still have him them no point trading out now, to me that decisoin had to be made round 12 , i made it round 11 and copped it but it was my decision .

Bear
Bear (@wackers)
Reply to  OnTheBus
1 year ago

I asked about selling Cook this week and was told the same thing by 90% of people. I wouldn’t expect anything less either, he is by far the best hooker in SC and would burn me if he Pumped out a big score. But I knew it was the right choice for me so traded him out anyway. He had a huge BE, was always going to struggle with the short turnaround and is likely to miss the next 2 rounds. Sometimes you’ve just got to go with your your gut Instead if trying to justify your trade.

BillyAbelaLFC
BillyAbelaLFC (@billyabela)
Reply to  Bear
1 year ago

You can say this all in hindsight but if Walker scores when Cook put him through its a 80+ score and we don’t have this conversation. He was always going to lose money if that’s peoples main points. What he still does though is provide consistent opportunity for top points in his position.

Cardy
Cardy (@cardy)
Reply to  BillyAbelaLFC

Spot on Billy

Boffa
Boffa (@boffa)
Reply to  BillyAbelaLFC
1 year ago

i would have taken 80, the 120+ plus was my worry!

Bear
Bear (@wackers)
Reply to  Boffa
1 year ago

I didn’t see the game (was at work so just watched the highlights) but how was that a 30+point play for Cook?

BillyAbelaLFC
BillyAbelaLFC (@billyabela)
Reply to  Bear
1 year ago

Cook is due a few updates imo. NRL.com has him on a 66 at the minute.

Either way a 20+ point TA/LBA play that would also give Souths momentum as they wouldve took the lead at HT couldve sparked a bigger score. Still a 70+ score is decent. If you sold Cook to fund 2 other necessary trades it was viable. Came with risk that Cook could go 100+ but he didn’t and its a small win for those that sold.

rubyeden
rubyeden (@rubyeden)
Reply to  BillyAbelaLFC
1 year ago

He also made a shit load of tackles as well

Boffa
Boffa (@boffa)
Reply to  Bear
1 year ago

Exactly the same for me. I think i responded last night to Paddy who was feeling bad about his trades by saying i felt worse by trading cook (& tedesco). I copped some light ribbing (fair enough), but for my team and the position i was in i was set on doing it.

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

Yeah they got it wrong calling you delusional. An immature f.wit would have been more appropriate. I feel so sorry for you that you missed out on Cam Ms past 2 scores of 46 and 27. Idiot!

soultaker
soultaker (@soultaker)
Reply to  BOB
1 year ago

Here comes the hero. Yeah because you predicted an injury from him right? The thing is with this page is you all think the logical answer is ALWAYS correct. If a person here suggests a left wing idea he gets scrutinised and is labelled an idiot. Sometimes thinking out of the box is the answer? Backing my gut is what I will do here on in.

JunctionBlock
JunctionBlock (@eqa)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

Anyone enjoy the movie snatch? “When I throw a dog a bone, I don’t want to know if it tastes good or not.” Next line is a little bit more R18+ rated.

Monty Burns
Monty Burns (@mackeydevils)
Reply to  JunctionBlock

something about pigs ?

soultaker
soultaker (@soultaker)
Reply to  JunctionBlock
1 year ago

The next line is you’re a dog

Fungus
Fungus (@fungus)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

You can rant about yourself making the wrong call/following other people’s advice all you want, but to say ‘stuff you’ to everyone who helped you out is a bit out of line. Listen to other people, make your own calls. Do you blame someone else for mistakes you make at work? You learn from it and learn to trust our own instinct. I’m selling Cook this week to Fainu, and I’m sticking with it against popular opinion. Why? Because I (and only I) believe that it offers a potential $150k savings over the next few weeks which would allow me… Read more »

soultaker
soultaker (@soultaker)
Reply to  Fungus
1 year ago

That’s what I’ll do from here on it mate – backing my gut. Yes I over reacted a bit….I’m over it

Fungus
Fungus (@fungus)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

Glad you realised. Now let’s sit back and enjoy the Friday night footy tonight. Hopefully two good games!

Shlapper
Shlapper (@shlapper)
Reply to  soultaker
1 year ago

Yeah you did over react a tad but you had (in hindsight) a pretty darn awesome idea, which those with trades to burn would kill for now. Instead of attacking you should be sticking out your tongue and saying “my idea won!” – and yeah mate back yourself more. Whilst this forum and the members are here making suggestions and voting on your ideas, thoughts, etc. it is still only “suggestions” and should be looked used as a ‘load’ value only in your decision making calculations. I for one appreciate your original post as I actually did the trade (cook… Read more »

The Duke
The Duke (@the-duke)
1 year ago

A question regarding Brimson from the Titans. I seem to be the only person in my H2H that has him, is he a P.O.D. or dead lumber in people’s opinion.

TU – POD of Gold
TD – Get rid of him, now!

DCE2011
DCE2011 (@dce2011)
Reply to  The Duke
1 year ago

Been scoring okay of late. I’d keep him in the short-term.

The Duke
The Duke (@the-duke)
Reply to  DCE2011
1 year ago

Shall do. I’m running him tonight.

DCE2011
DCE2011 (@dce2011)
Reply to  The Duke
1 year ago

So many teams look similar ATM – good to have the odd POD (IMO).

The Duke
The Duke (@the-duke)
Reply to  DCE2011
1 year ago

Hence why I’m running with Mahoney instead of CS9.

bulldogs808
bulldogs808 (@bulldogs808)
Reply to  The Duke
1 year ago

hold off running him till tomorrow

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  The Duke
1 year ago

i have him but is facing the chop this week. will make the call tommorrow

rubyeden
rubyeden (@rubyeden)
1 year ago

Does Maloney play on kiku and too side in attack. Trying to work out last res between too and gutho. What’s the weather in the NT this weekend.
Cheers guys

treloarski
treloarski (@treloarski)
Reply to  rubyeden

hot and muggy and clear

DCE2011
DCE2011 (@dce2011)
Reply to  rubyeden
1 year ago

Maloney usually plays on the left side (with Kikau). I prefer Too to Gutho (who’s got a mediocre record against Raiders).

TurkeySnow

Reply to  TurkeySnow

Naden gone for whare

TurkeySnow
TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
Reply to  rubyeden
1 year ago

Where is this coming from?