HynesBeanie

nrl

Who to play
TU tago
TD fermor
Cheers!

Finz

Cleary to Garrick or doeuhi?

Afro Monkey

Depends if you need to POD up, if so than Doeuhi is your man.

UPB

Still can’t decide between trading in Doueihi (would replace Tago/May in my 17) or Tapine (would replace Ming in my 17). Leaning towards Douheli on the basis that Doueihi could outscore tago/May by more than Tapine outscores Ming. Unless Tapine gets a try.

HC92

Tapine is a must have. Hes proven it for weeks. Douehi has had a couple good games since return from injury. Tapine for me

zenguru8

er hem…..the banner?

POD

Oh dear, I just noticed that.

chooks

ted v.c loop?

chooks

why not? updated to 100 not enough?

SD23

I think at this stage of the season everyone has good teams so you are likely removing a player who will get 60+ for bad AE of say 20. In this case you only need your C to get 60 to be in the same position.

chooks

Considering i still got tpj yea ok thanks for the reasoning

Markus10

H2h player with 2 trades left
TU: too -> tapine
TD: Cleary + May -> Hughes + tapine

Current team
Grant Robson
Ipap haas lolo pole
Fifi Angus Ola Tago hosking jmomo
Hynes Cleary
Munster dbrown
Holmes Garrick too May tass Mulitalo Anderson
Ted latrel

Cheers

Draftsmen

Who gets the captain arm band?
a) Munster v Titans
b) Latrell v Warriors
c) Hynes v Dragons

Was leaning towards either Latrell or Hynes due to goal kicking but does Munster take over this week in Meaney’s absence? Anyone got any info on who’s kicking for Storm?

HC92

Great qtn. Too many options this week. I will be VCing Cook and Captain Hynes
If am desperate for points straight C on Douehi in an attempt for some high attacking stats

chooks

Munster is kicking

muddy

Have you seen him kick? He is likely to lose points.

Trade-a-holic

Storm better score all their tries under the posts.

Sorjas

Well he only needs to kick at 33% to break even. E.g. if Storm score 6 tries and he kicks only 2/6 he breaks even – anything above that and it’s a bonus 😉

Soundasapound

Appreciate any thoughts on below trades:
TU: M. King & Tago to Murray and Douehi
TD: Kikau & Tago to Tapine and Douehi

So essentially i guess its:
TU: Kikau & Murray (Both be in 17 most weeks)
TD: M. King & Tapine (M king wont be in 17)
Thanks

POD

So, is Klemmer gone for the season?

DCE2011

Nope. Sounds like he’ll be back next week (with a possible apology from Knights management).

Source: https://shorturl.at/dlm03

Last edited 7 days ago by DCE2011
SD23

Wow club is a mess. Seems like they sensed the players had it over them and overreacted trying to get their power back. Embarrassing they are now having to backflip with an apology.

Last edited 7 days ago by SD23
DCE2011

It’s certainly amateur hour. Gotta feel for Knights supporters.

Spartan30

I’m thinking of a pod captain with Nanai. None of my 10 opponents currently even have Nanai as a player. If he can score his 3 or 5 game average, he should be a great pod.
TU: Nanai captain
TD: Nanai just another player

Spartan30

Thanks for the feedback. He’s my captain.

Spartan30

S Harris my new captain as I cc’d Munster. Just have to take the single score for Nanai.

Finals Run

Who misses out on my 17 this week?

McInnes, Kikau, LoLo or DCE?

HC92

Out of those – Kikau

Finals Run

Been leaning the same way. Held him over Yeo as a pod if needed

Soundasapound

Who to play:
May, Mulitalo or To’o?

SD23

Mulitalo and To’o.

Soundasapound

Thanks mate. Sorry i meant i can only pick 1.

DCE2011

Prefer To’o taking lots of hit ups (hopefully) against Raiders.

Last edited 7 days ago by DCE2011
muddy

I expect Penrith to start flat out. They have to get their mojo back and prove they are the team to beat. To do that they will need their big guns – Kikau and To’o getting plenty of ball……..

DCE2011

They also have a good record against the Raiders, although absence of Cleary/Luai evens it up a bit.

BradsBest

Who to play:
TU: Ola
TD: Cotter (is he back to normal minutes?)

BradsBest

Next option is talakai, but I think these 2 are ahead (even with talakai vs drags)

weebs

Anyone still got players from round 1 in their side..?
Iv still got Lolo, JTB & Teddy

Temple Guard

5 but Teddy I did trade a few times so he is now Teddy the 3rd lol

Last edited 7 days ago by Temple Guard
CoG

4 lolo nanai tago arrow

samdiatmh

Hynes, Tago and Vailea for me

Vailea still in the side (and Russell who stayed until rd7) is a good learning experience to punt injured players off quickly, but fairly happy with the makeup of my side

made some mistakes with the starting side too (Fifita, Keary and Luke Thompson to name 3), so things to be mindful of heading into 2023

Last edited 7 days ago by samdiatmh
HC92

Illias, Lolo, Tago & Haas for me. Illias hasn’t stayed in my team for good reasons tho.

Sally M

Fermor, Grant, Haase, Momoisea and M.King

eldinko

Cook, Haas, Dfifi, Brown, Tago, Lomax, Teddy.

But Hass, Dfifi and Teddy have been out and back into my team

Evil_Team

I’m carrying Jack Hetherington…. hasn’t been sent off all year

Shlapper

4 only – Tago, Haas, Angus and Teddy.

Salty Former Owner

Cook, A Fifita (yikes), I Pap, Garlick, D Brown, Tago, S Harris. Garlick and Harris haven’t let me down all year. Pappy, though, I’ve traded in and out 4 times, a new PB.

JD7

Does anyone agree In terms of SC that Cleary has been a flop this year. Looking back to when I bought him in round 9 he’s only gone on 2 score 100 twice. I pretty much destroyed my team to get him for 1 mill. I wonder how different it could of been without him.

Last edited 7 days ago by JD7
BradsBest

If you’d left him and picked up manu, talakai and/or nanai cheap!!

DCE2011

Never got the Talakai hype. Big scores in rounds 4, 6 and 7 (against Harper coming back from Covid). After Harpergate, Staggs showed the rest of the NRL how to defuse Talakai (up quickly, around the legs).

PS – Appearance of Wade Graham didn’t help Talakai either.

Last edited 7 days ago by DCE2011
eldinko

yeah I jumped on that bandwagon and it cost me heaps

zenguru8

Yeah me too, now if I can just get into this bloody DeLorean and set it to about round 9…whooshka! Thing is, I’d probably make the same lame arse decisions but with different players. Such is SC life.

DCE2011

Same argument could be applied to Turbo.

Moral of the story: be wary of paying top dollar for previous year’s SC stars.

Temple Guard

Absolutely spot on DCE… just checked Trade History….I never had Turbo all Year…. got Papz in Rd17…. sold him Rd18 lol… that was another brave move 🙂

Last edited 7 days ago by Temple Guard
Temple Guard

I got absolutely hammered 3 weeks ago when I said I will not get Cleary…. I didn’t follow the flock…. now I didn’t trade for 2 weeks… amazing !!!

DCE2011

Could of gone either way, TG. 🙂 Well done, mate.

Temple Guard

no risk no glory ;_) yes it was a brave or crazy move but paid off nicely

Colossal Von Crumpet

Hindsight is 20/20. Also brought in the top shelf busts of Cleary, Turbo, Papy, Talakai. Let’s be honest, when these blokes go big for a few games in a row, NOT have them is terrifying and they look essential.

Magpies4Eva007

One trueism I have learnt playing SC is that no matter how many trades you have left you always wish you had one more.So many wasted trades during the year selling and bringing back “gun” players and buying poor cows that don’t work out. If only we could get those decisions right!

Last edited 7 days ago by Magpies4Eva007
DCE2011

Are you saying we need a crystal ball, Magpies? 🙂

Magpies4Eva007

Well it wouldn’t go amiss, but no, just a huge dollop of luck!

Sally M

Storm: Munster (fullback), Anderson OUT, Tonumaipea IN (centre), Coates IN (wing), Johns IN (five-eight), Wishart (bench), Kamikamica (lock), King (bench), Lewis OUT, Ieremia OUT (18)
Titans: Herbert OUT, Marzhew (wing), McIntyre IN (bench), Thompson (18)

Sorjas

With Munster’s shift to FLB, given the weather conditions slated for 90% chance of rain around kick-off at AAMI park, and the surprising stat that Titans are rated as one of the better defensive sides vs FLBs, is he still a captain option?

DCE2011

VC for me.

Magpies4Eva007

He’s my VC too. He may be even more dangerous in the wet with his step and change of direction.

CoG

Kikau out for the Riff -nrl physio

Magpies4Eva007

Do you know the reason/injury CoG?

Shlapper

Found this from 15 mins ago from NRL Physio – I assume is what CoG found:

Viliame Kikau out with a hip injury this week. No indication from the Panthers on nature/severity, being initially named to play on Tuesday & only ruled out late in the week often a good sign that the issue is only minor

Link can be found here.

Last edited 6 days ago by Shlapper
Magpies4Eva007

Cheers Shlapper, much appreciated!

CoG

Reports -hip injury ,because its a late out likely to be short term but no info on that

Last edited 6 days ago by CoG
Magpies4Eva007

Thanks CoG!

poork

who gets the armband?

TU: Munster
TD: Latrell

poork

Comment: Hynes