0 0 votes

AJ 130
Lolo 87
Milne 131

BroncosGirl
BroncosGirl (@broncosgirl)

6/ 567 C AJ
Only Mulitalo & AFB left to play ….

Ranked way down 14+K for reference

Sonnysideup
Sonnysideup (@sonnysideup)
Reply to  BroncosGirl

7/703 with AFB to go. No danger to the leaders either 🙂

Eagle
Eagle (@eagle)
Reply to  Sonnysideup
1 month ago

732 AFB Jazz and SJ to go. Thought I would be stuffed for this round actually looking half decent

Last edited 1 month ago by Eagle
SC Rookie
SC Rookie (@manlysc)
1 month ago

New recruit tupou didn’t fire but 48 in B+P for a CTW with no attacking stats, I’ll take every day of the week. Especially when the upgrade is from someone like simonsson and his floor

BroncosGirl
BroncosGirl (@broncosgirl)
Reply to  SC Rookie
1 month ago

Agree …. but also think he got quite ‘lucky’ in a sense with one or 2 runs/plays giving him alot of those points …..
Non owner but he’s score was looking pretty dire for a while there ( as we’re the roosters in general ) hence why I wasn’t so keen/ didn’t jump on

tofu yarris
tofu yarris (@tofu-yarris)
Reply to  SC Rookie
1 month ago

I take back what i said about his base is poor… ill be buying him next week 😛

TrainingTheHouseDown
TrainingTheHouseDown (@jbw1983)
1 month ago

Priority for next week / rest of season?
TU: Hughes
TD: Crichton

Trade-a-holic
Trade-a-holic (@trade-a-holic)
Reply to  TrainingTheHouseDown
1 month ago

Hughes second best HFB behind Cleary who either may not return or may not be as effective playing injured whereas Crichton is one of many good 2RFs so Hughes gets my vote.

Philtrooper
Philtrooper (@philtrooper)
1 month ago

H2H player only – down 33 this round. I have Lodge, opponent has SJ. I haven’t used my trades opponent has. 11 trades left. Win or lose won’t make much difference in my spot on the ladder.

Thinking of going Gutho to Ramien and Luai to SJ/Niko.

TU: do it (as I get another two player for round 18 carnage)
TD: hold trades as losing won’t matter much.

Trade-a-holic
Trade-a-holic (@trade-a-holic)
Reply to  Philtrooper
1 month ago

I would use 1 trade to bring in SJ which will give you the win as surely Lodge scores more than 33 and save the other trade which you can always do next week (Ramien’s BE is 74 so he might even be a little cheaper next week). If Round 18 carnage occurs which is likely not sure I would be trading out Gutho who at least is a live body despite his high BE.

chukka
chukka (@chukka)
Reply to  Philtrooper
1 month ago

I think Luai out is a good trade. I don’t think he will score as well without Cleary, and wasn’t scoring well with Cleary lately either. SJ or Niko with goal kicking are both solid upgrades.

I would be holding Gutho for R18 against Titans where he possibly also kicks goals. Gutho will play R18, he’s not in the 17 for Origin.

Philtrooper
Philtrooper (@philtrooper)
Reply to  chukka
1 month ago

Maybe I could sell Cleary for SJ – get the win. Have another warm body for 18. Cause who knows what Cleary is doing.

tofu yarris
tofu yarris (@tofu-yarris)
Reply to  Philtrooper
1 month ago

Those AC joints in the shoulder are terrible, as Watson has said, don’t be surprised if Cleary doesn’t play again this year, possibly finals

BroncosGirl
BroncosGirl (@broncosgirl)
Reply to  Philtrooper
1 month ago

I voted TD …. if the loss this week doesn’t matter anyway u probs better of holding trades for the run home and inevitable injuries, resting and suspensions…..
If u could do a sole trade to trade out luai > sj I’d say yes for sure ( as others have illuded to) but I’m guessing/ assuming the gutho trade is to fund it ?
Which could go either way …..

Philtrooper
Philtrooper (@philtrooper)
Reply to  BroncosGirl
1 month ago

You would be correct. Can’t get SJ in unless I sell Gutho. I could sell Cleary for SJ and bank the cash and only make one trade.

uncledami
uncledami (@uncledami)
Reply to  Philtrooper
1 month ago

Cleary>Niko. He has the best draw for H2H finals and will outscore SJ for rest of season imo

Philtrooper
Philtrooper (@philtrooper)
Reply to  uncledami
1 month ago

That is the other toss up. Also Niko will be playing Panthers without Cleary and Luai definitely and maybe other origin stars.

I don’t mind the play. I think I will do that! Thanks everyone for talking through the options!

Last edited 1 month ago by Philtrooper

TU SJ & Ramien
TD Niko & DWZ

BroncosGirl
BroncosGirl (@broncosgirl)
Reply to  gareth
1 month ago

TU ~ probs going more with the crowd
TD ~ bit of a POD move (dwz could be a good play from 20 onwards ~ but not so convinced with panthers & rabbits in 80 & 19) I know niko same draw but feel he’s still got better base, js and chances of scoring attacking stats when not limited to mostly one side

gareth
gareth (@gareth)
1 month ago

Does anyone know when Papz is due back? Is Rd 19 confirmed? Or is it still uncertain?

smashheadman
smashheadman (@smashheadman)
Reply to  gareth
1 month ago

I heard next round and that he may return from the bench

Sally M
Sally M (@sally-m)
Reply to  smashheadman
1 month ago

My gut feel is if he does return from the bench, he only misses the opening exchanges and comes in after around 20 minutes and plays out the game or something close to it depending on scoreline.

smashheadman
smashheadman (@smashheadman)
Reply to  Sally M
1 month ago

I sold niko this week to avoid future dilemma of having him stuck in my team

tofu yarris
tofu yarris (@tofu-yarris)

Burton to

TU NIko – for this round, ?on keeper til the end?
TD Hughes – he outscores Niko easy for the rest of the year?

MenziesBeaver
MenziesBeaver (@menziesbeaver)
1 month ago

I’m ranked 1600 and managed to take the C off Cody walker before the game and as such think I’m way behind now. Expecting a red arrow. Have the C on SJ and also have ronaldo and AFB.

8 trades left. Would you use another trade to pick up another player?Thinking Burton to nikorima.

Would you make the trade or hold and take the red arrow this week?

The Green Monsters
The Green Monsters (@charlief1995)

Need to win a h2h. Which is a better trade for this week and going forward

TU: Hynes > AFB
TD: Burton > Nikorima

The Green Monsters
The Green Monsters (@charlief1995)
Reply to  The Green Monsters