SkiddMarx
SkiddMarx (@skiddmarx)
1 month ago

Disastrous last round, 16 players for my first sub 1,000 score of the year – 988.

Hopefully I can hang on to a top 200 finish, but it is looking bleak!

Thanks to all for the banter and organisers for the content, great stuff! Onwards and upwards for 2021 (the year of the Bulldog).

Officer DeAngelo
Officer DeAngelo (@q)
1 month ago

So is there someone up the top with 2 teams?

E1337
E1337 (@e1337)
Reply to  Officer DeAngelo
1 month ago

from the previous page it appears they won overall, but the issue is that they will be registered in two different names so technically they will only have 1 entry, but it is obvious that it is the same person operating them.

Doose
Doose (@doose)
Reply to  Officer DeAngelo
1 month ago

Yes – the winner. He has come first and third by my calcs

perrin_07
perrin_07 (@perrin_07)
Reply to  Doose
1 month ago

It’s an amazing achievement but absolutely garbage.
I know Sc is tied and can’t prove anything

Epitome
Epitome (@unbreakable)
Reply to  Doose
1 month ago

How can you know that without knowing who everyone traded and captained? (Or is there a way to see that, which I’m not aware of?)

Mr Perfect
Mr Perfect (@mr-perfect)
Reply to  Epitome
1 month ago

By midway through the season all people at the pointy end track all the other top teams. Find mates who are in a league with the people you want to see and you can track them over the weekend.

Historically its easy since all of the team stats are shown on the site.

srp77
srp77 (@srp77)
Reply to  Doose
1 month ago

I find it hard to believe if they have 2 teams in top 10 that they started the year with only 2 teams, is there any way you can check if there are other teams that traded in similar ways and may be tied to them doose?

Doose
Doose (@doose)
Reply to  srp77
1 month ago

I started looking at teams from Round 6. As at round 6, they were the only two teams who had their 12 highest scoring players that week (let alone all 25 players which they had in common all year until last week).

johnnyCash
johnnyCash (@johnnycash)
Reply to  Doose
1 month ago

They are two different people. Not the same person

Token
Token (@bulla3)
Reply to  johnnyCash
1 month ago

How does anyone know that this person has “two teams” with any confidence?

johnnyCash
johnnyCash (@johnnycash)
Reply to  Token
1 month ago

They don’t. They are just assuming. Could be 2 brothers doing the same moves. This is allowed no?

Token
Token (@bulla3)
Reply to  johnnyCash
1 month ago

Depends who you ask I guess

Epitome
Epitome (@unbreakable)
Reply to  Token
1 month ago

Because the 2 teams started with identical 25 man rosters and made identical trades throughout the entire season, only varying in the final 2 rounds.

Slight variations in VC/C options, but minimal. Had identical team values all the way through the season up until Round 19.

The odds of it NOT being the same person are astronomical.

Last edited 1 month ago by Epitome
wombat stew
wombat stew (@wombat-stew)
Reply to  johnnyCash
1 month ago

Of cause it was. I bet we see double the numbers playing next year if we are all allowed a 2nd team

Epitome
Epitome (@unbreakable)
1 month ago

Official SC twitter has announced ‘Joea1’ as the winner.

bennykins
bennykins (@bennykins)
1 month ago

Anyone remember the woman a few years back who won but said it was her work colleagues team that she was ‘helping’ with and so SC crowned them joint champions? Is that how it went? my memory is a bit foggy. Sounds like a similar result this year. Really unfair and just ruins the integrity of a game that’s research based and ultimately meant to be played for fun.

Mr Perfect
Mr Perfect (@mr-perfect)
Reply to  bennykins
1 month ago

My concern now is what does this do to the integrity of the game in the future?

Now that multiple teams has gone unpunished it has set a precedent. Next year everyone should run 20 teams to give themselves more bites at the cherry.

E1337
E1337 (@e1337)
Reply to  Mr Perfect
1 month ago

still got to have 20 different ppl that are willing to lie and say they were the one playing as it needs to be claimed by the person the account is under, then they could still just keep the prize and you couldnt do anything about it lol

bennykins
bennykins (@bennykins)
Reply to  E1337
1 month ago

Not really. You can make two different teams in two Different public leagues and no one would ever know the difference.

E1337
E1337 (@e1337)
Reply to  bennykins
1 month ago

I guess to an extent, as long as you didnt use the same address/ contact details to sign up so its looks like two ppl that just happen to have the same name. Also, you would have to use a vpn so you never linked the two accounts via ip address, as supercoach will have access to all the account data.

I assume (or maybe i should say hope) that they check before paying a prize that there isnt more then 1 entry under the same name, as it wouldnt be difficult to check.

bennykins
bennykins (@bennykins)
Reply to  Mr Perfect
1 month ago

Exactly, This guy/girl should’ve just had their account deleted. I’d say the issue is how do they prove cheating?

bennykins
bennykins (@bennykins)
Reply to  bennykins
1 month ago

I guess what I’m trying to say is that it’s quiet obvious this person is cheating but I’d say he’s gotten away with it because they can’t prove it and therein lies the issue. How do other fantasy sports deal with this?

Tommy Smurf Sangsta
Tommy Smurf Sangsta (@tommy-smurf-sangsta)
Reply to  Mr Perfect
1 month ago

It’s hard enough having a team in two different comps. Imagine having multiple teams in the same comp!

Token
Token (@bulla3)
Reply to  bennykins

Yep, I do remember that

End Zone
End Zone (@end-zone)
Reply to  bennykins
1 month ago

i remember,her name was mary and his name was lawrence

uncledami
uncledami (@uncledami)
Reply to  End Zone

mary and peter?

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)

Doose

BOB wants to hire you as an investigator to seek out multiple teams of a certain someone. He’s nearly finished his scrapbook; he just needs a few more pieces of content he’s been dreaming about.

Regards,
Make-A-Wish foundation.

zpazzy
zpazzy (@zpazzy)
1 month ago

Finished 2146 overall and won all my H2H with a score of 1360.

Thanks to Admins and everyone else that contributes to this site.

pdiddy
pdiddy (@pdiddy)
1 month ago

Happy with my year rank of 151. Thanks to all the nrl supercoach talk moderators/contributors.

Ps. Robs Belalie Beasts went up 508 places this round to finish 129th. Huge jump.

jettio
jettio (@jettio)
1 month ago

Not sure how much effect this year’s final prices have on the starting prices next year, but scanning through a couple there could be some absolute bargains in the forwards next year. Klemmer, Lolo, Papali, Lane, JFH, Jurbo all under 500k. Any other good prices I missed?

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  jettio
1 month ago

Players will be priced on what they averaged this year, not what price they finished on.

jettio
jettio (@jettio)
Reply to  BOB
1 month ago

Ah that makes a lot more sense, thanks for the info. Do you know what kind of system they use for players who averaged heaps (E.g Staines 112 avg) but only played a handful of games?

BOB
BOB (@bob)
Reply to  jettio
1 month ago

I think you need to play a certain amount of games. Maybe 3 but I’m not definite on that. Somebody would know. Flock?

fcttb
fcttb (@fcttb)
1 month ago

Could someone please tell what the final magic number is (is 7925 in the right ball park) ? Thanks.

Any astute observations on the changes/trends in the magic number throughout the year, or compared to prior year (s) appreciated.

uncledami
uncledami (@uncledami)
Reply to  fcttb

SallyM is your guy

liverpoolbronco
liverpoolbronco (@liverpoolbronco)
1 month ago

Cheers to the sctalk guys for their articles, podcasts this season. My team the Kallangur Tailgators Finished 5.899 probably my 2nd best rank which wasn’t too bad and won the 5 h2h grand finals I was still in including SC Talk Pangai. Onwards to hopefully a better 2021 where the Broncos win more then 3 games

Last edited 1 month ago by liverpoolbronco