Vanilla Gorilla
Vanilla Gorilla (@vanilla-gorilla-2)

Teddy updates are disgusting robbed blind of 2 TA

icanseeclearynow
icanseeclearynow (@icanseeclearynow)
Reply to  Vanilla Gorilla
17 days ago

its beyond a joke, every week they seem to cherry pick who gets what stats

titansnumber1
titansnumber1 (@titansnumber1)
Reply to  Vanilla Gorilla
17 days ago

nrl.com has teddy on two ta.

icanseeclearynow
icanseeclearynow (@icanseeclearynow)
Reply to  titansnumber1
17 days ago

nrl is a little different, it gives ta to last pass so teddy would be on two, one of the ta’s given on nrl would be a tc on sc. however one normally paid on sc wouldnt be paid on nrl

Last edited 17 days ago by icanseeclearynow
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
17 days ago

Talakai updated to 104 points. 85 in B+P. The CTW POD saviour.

Mighty tigs
Mighty tigs (@mighty-tigs)

Yep sold him to SCrichton 3 weeks ago when he was benched lol

Coach
Coach (@coach)

Nice

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
17 days ago

For all the Teddy ragers, prices haven’t changed yet, so there’s still a chance…

Stupor Coach
Stupor Coach (@thatsmyteam)
Reply to  Dravid

changed mate

we are done *sad face*

Last edited 17 days ago by Stupor Coach
Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
Reply to  Stupor Coach
17 days ago

They haven’t changed on the desktop site?

icanseeclearynow
icanseeclearynow (@icanseeclearynow)
Reply to  Dravid

Yeh they have Teddy is now 838k

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
Reply to  icanseeclearynow

Yeah just changed

moorey
moorey (@moorey)
Reply to  Dravid
17 days ago

Yep, whoever scores and runs supercoach should be ashamed. The updates and times they are updated is very suspicious, as it changes every week. I know of least 1 prominent sc person who has been saved by updates the last 2 weeks, and each time has won by less then 15, maybe nothing, but suspicious all the same, they may have no say in scoring, but maybe influence when games are updated, who knows. There shouldn’t even be room for speculation like this. The app or website has been updated numerous times and each time they seem to screw up… Read more »

smashheadman
smashheadman (@smashheadman)
Reply to  moorey
17 days ago

I was actually wondering this. If scorers check the top teams and give the continuous points to a player that would favour a team to get them ahead or make it closer so people are more interested.

Could all be coincidence but when they give the TS to a sweeping fullback all year and then don’t do it one week.

Any of the top 10 have teddy as captain?

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
Reply to  smashheadman
17 days ago

18 of the top 20 had Teddy as C, 2 looped Cleary (and also had Teddy).

I suspect the majority of the top 1000 would have C’d Teddy. More of a head to head issue.

nmc
nmc (@nmc)
17 days ago

I don’t understand, with the contentious try assists… why are they so loathed to give 2 people the assist if they were both heavily involved with setting the try up

Dravid
Dravid (@dravid)
Reply to  nmc
17 days ago

Teddy not getting the Assist for Tupou’s 2nd try (for example) makes sense from a rugby league perspective.The real issue is that they have been paying it to the fullback all year and plenty of halves have been screwed out pf points because of it.

They have also changed how they are paying dummy half try assists in the last few weeks as well.

Crazy that things gets changed so close to the pointy end.

dzrey
dzrey (@dzreynolds)
17 days ago

It’s not the fact they messed up the scoring that has me shocked, it’s the fact it’s their poster child teddy they screwed over

doctorm7
doctorm7 (@doctorm7)
17 days ago

Words can not express how i feel about the scoring in this game. After having lead my semi by 15 points on Sunday night, i lose by a point on Monday. Score it once and be done with it.

Masonic Knights
Masonic Knights (@masonic-knights)
Reply to  doctorm7
17 days ago

It happens to the best of us, I assume unless I am up by 50 I’ll probs lose!

Sally M
Sally M (@sally-m)
17 days ago

Breakevens becoming largely irrelevant as we close in on the end of the season, however for those inclined, this weeks magic number is 8145, up from 7963 last week.

The magic number started the year at 9294.

To calculate a breakeven, use the following formula:

Breakeven = ( ( Players current salary / magic number ) x 3 ) – last two scores

eg Cleary = ( ( 730400 / 8145 ) x 3 ) – 73 -104 = 92

I’ll post again once a trade talk chat is opened.

The Myth
The Myth (@the-myth)
17 days ago

I’ve often been one to defend the scorers because I’m in the minority that think they actually are relatively consistent at least when it comes to try assists (line breaks are a different beast). The Tupou try I believe they’ve scored it in line with their criteria. Unlike 99% of other backline plays involving the fullback – Teddy doesn’t receive the ball out the back (behind a decoy runner). However, Keary does. Thus, it goes to Keary. This probably shouldn’t be a factor, but everything points it to being a key factor. However the last try. Based on everything I’ve… Read more »

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  The Myth
17 days ago

The fullback doesn’t have to receive the ball out the back/behind the decoy runner – he just needs to be in the movement and he’s counted as the extra number. It’s been scored like that for 99% of the season. The only times when the FB doesn’t get it, is if there’s a cutout ball or an offload from x-player that directly leads to the try.

Teddy has received try assists for identical plays all throughout the season, and now, strangely, he’s not getting them.

chukka
chukka (@chukka)
17 days ago

Preparing to get downvoted massively for this… But I think they got the Teddy TS/TC correct. (And for the record, yes, I had the C on Teddy this week.) >> Keary 16m – ball goes through many sets of hands, and while Teddy gets the last pass, all the work to break open the play is done before he gets it. (Actual TS: Tupou for breaking the line and drawing the FB? >> Tupou 44m – While the FB would often get the higher-value TS in this backline move, you can’t argue with the fact that Keary attacking the line… Read more »

Last edited 17 days ago by chukka
chukka
chukka (@chukka)
Reply to  chukka
17 days ago

Want to add that I think the 3rd one is a close call that could have gone either way. But the fact that Friend gets 15 metres out of dummy half, splits the markers, and then throws a perfect offload while being tackled does slightly outweight Teddy’s excellent support play, given that Teddy really only does a simple draw-and-pass once he’s got the ball.

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  chukka

Re: Tupou 44m

Except the influence JMoz and Keary had in the play, in reality, doesn’t edict the awarding of a try assist in SC. We all know the adjudication of try assists have little to do with aesthetic or reality-play; it’s all about the set extra number of the FB, or the player who’s at second-receiver.

It’s how they’ve been awarded all season long. It’s been a constant debate of FBs getting try assists all throughout the season, when other players have more “influence”.

Keary’s and Jmoz’s involvements are what the TC is meant for; not Teddy’s.

chukka
chukka (@chukka)

I agree with the comments from ‘Coach’ below. When the FB comes into the line in a sweeping movement at pace, it creates pressure on the defence, and it also means the athletic ability and decision-making of the FB is instrumental to the success of the play. This particular play though doesn’t really follow any of the normal movements of a FB sweep. Keary is in the sweeping position, and Teddy starts the movement on Keary’s outside shoulder. So he’s really just part of the backline. The number he’s wearing on his back shouldn’t be a relevant factor to who… Read more »

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  chukka
17 days ago

“When the FB comes into the line in a sweeping movement at pace, it creates pressure on the defence, and it also means the athletic ability and decision-making of the FB is instrumental to the success of the play.” This is completely irrelevant. The FB doesn’t even need to actively sweep, or create pressure to any greater degree than any other player. If there’s a general set move, and the FB is involved where it goes through a set of hands, than the FB is awarded the try assist. This has been happening all season. It’s why fullbacks (Teddy, especially)… Read more »

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  chukka
17 days ago

“This particular play though doesn’t really follow any of the normal movements of a FB sweep. Keary is in the sweeping position, and Teddy starts the movement on Keary’s outside shoulder. So he’s really just part of the backline. The number he’s wearing on his back shouldn’t be a relevant factor to who gets the SC points.” I’m not quite sure what you’re looking at there, but Keary isn’t in the sweeping position – he’s in the spot where the half is off the initial pass from the middle forward, and then he passes to Teddy, who’s the extra number.… Read more »

chukka
chukka (@chukka)

Keary is in the sweeping position because he’s looping out from behind the backrower who’s threatening the short ball. In normal structures where the FB gets the TS, it’s FB looping behind the 2RF, while the half or the 5/8 is making the decision about whether to throw to the 2RF or out the back to the FB. The person looping behind the 2RF is the one with the critical decisions that need to be made quickly – identifying where the defense has over/under reacted to the movement and making the correct decision to run/pass, and then deciding which pass… Read more »

I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE (@nrlsupercoach00)
Reply to  chukka
17 days ago

You’re severely mistaken if you believe this is how try assists have been handed out this season. As I need to reiterate: whenever the FB chimes into the backline and receives a pass directly from the half, that results in a try, they receive the try assist. They’re the sweep; they’re the extra number. It doesn’t matter how big or little their involvement is in the play. It doesn’t matter what line they’re running. It doesn’t matter what decisions they have to make or responsibilities they have, or don’t have, as it relates here. The extra number = try assist.… Read more »

Last edited 17 days ago by I don't pray to God; I pray to DCE
Masonic Knights
Masonic Knights (@masonic-knights)
Reply to  chukka
17 days ago

How would you guys rate cook priority wise and also is Johnston to Munster too sideways?

SkiddMarx
SkiddMarx (@skiddmarx)
Reply to  chukka
17 days ago

Mate, bugger Teddy what about Klemmer not getting the linebreak assist for saifiti linebreak????? Cut and dry. No debate. The constant scoring controversy will drive people away from SC.

If I had a cash comp, I’d look at other platforms….

Bear
Bear (@wackers)
17 days ago

Wouldn’t surprise me next if SC scoring takes away players tries if they have been awarded incorrectly. Or score errors that may have been missed by the ref. Besides tackles, why can’t they just use official stats? Would provide more clarity.