WeninRome

Wenin is one of the founding fathers of the NRLSCTalk website who's Tuesday Teams Analysis has been a feature post on the site for close to a decade. He also loves a good steak bet!

2073 Comments
TurkeySnow
TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)

Anyone looking at Jsaf?

208K frf/2rf dual

40min 44pts

could be a nice slow burn, Ese 26min, dsaf 34min and klemmer56min could be good going forward?

Mr Perfect
Mr Perfect (@mr-perfect)
Reply to  TurkeySnow
2 months ago

Didn’t herman start? and only got 26 mins? do you think that continues going forward?

Time For Plan B
Time For Plan B (@timeforplanb)
Reply to  Mr Perfect
2 months ago

He did, and I think he does (I’m not Turkey obviously). I can see Herman being used as a wrecking ball to tire out teams for the other forwards to lay the platform later on in the game. Herman may come on if there’s an injury obviously, but I see 35 mins being his ceiling unless there is injuries.

In saying that, JSaf could be an interesting option. However, not for me. I’d rather Guler for $220,700 after his score on the weekend (if he can back it up somewhat mins wise of course, will very unlikely maintain)

Ed
Ed (@ed)
Sleeper
Reply to  Time For Plan B
2 months ago

Agree. For me it’s whoever has the best two round average and likely most minutes for round three (if there is a round three) as to who I choose between Jsaf and Emre. Show me the money!

TurkeySnow
TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
Reply to  Ed
2 months ago

But it could be more than that, do knights play rd12? Dsaf/Klemmer out, Guler would be a earlier sell if he gets less min rd2-3, Papali played less min than expected, Bateman to return and horse/tapine to bench, Young/Sutton to come back in.

Knights have the 2rf who is always injured

Ed
Ed (@ed)
Sleeper
Reply to  TurkeySnow
2 months ago

Different strokes for different folks turkey. I would be trading a non playing reserve for emre or jsaf so it will be a cash grab for me to upgrade my top 17. With talk of a shortened season etc. i don’t see any point in trying to prepare for the bye rounds. I usually don’t start preparing for bye rounds until 3-4 rounds beforehand anyway. Get the early cash and suprise gun players is my top priority.

Time For Plan B
Time For Plan B (@timeforplanb)
2 months ago

Thinking I might just flick Fus this week. Went against my gut getting rid of Shiba for Fus, so I may reverse that this week. Hold the 2nd trade pending Kikau injury updates. I think I’ll give JWilliams a second week.
Koro/BBrailey
Haas Knight/Musgrove Rudolf
Lolo DFifi Kikau/JWilliams Carrigan EKatoa
Cleary/Wakeham
Milford/Luai
Isaako Yeo Fus Lomax/Watkins Kennedy Wiliame
Ponga/Pap
$63.1k ITB

So Fus to Shiba gives me $121.7k ITB, and likely a stronger 17

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
Reply to  Time For Plan B
2 months ago

I’d dump Fus for sure, but Shiba wasn’t all that impressive either. I know Blake failed but it was honestly a terrible game. You could wait a week and have another look at which cheap CTW is going to make the most cash and jump on? Rest of your team looks fine, pending the Kikau injury.

TurkeySnow
TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
Reply to  Team B
2 months ago

Really it was pooring rain? Shiba I thought scored well considering, didn’t see all the game

Deep Thinker
Deep Thinker (@the-king)
Reply to  Time For Plan B
2 months ago

Pretty jealous of your ctw!

Get rid of Fus and Jwill and you’re sorted.

CoG
CoG (@sandworm)

993 – Stimson ,Hess BJ Olam Friend – no trades for me
I want to have a season where I have max trades left. 😀
Rnd 1 ,Weather conditions , don’t chase last week pts. etc etc

Injury front Brooks 4 weeks Moylan 4weeks + Dogboy Tpj 4 weeks -Tetevano? seem the most significant news

Deep Thinker
Deep Thinker (@the-king)
Reply to  CoG
2 months ago

As valuable as trades are, I think you may find 3 of these guys need to go by first price change. Don’t hold plodders for the sake of saving a trade..

CoG
CoG (@sandworm)
Reply to  Deep Thinker
2 months ago

If the season progresses much further i’ll do trades next week.. Stimson with a try = Lucy etc. Will look at be’s next week for cash gen/team value. Very aware of the fix it up now window but gut says wait

Deep Thinker
Deep Thinker (@the-king)
Reply to  CoG
2 months ago

You’re right, I suspect Lucy won’t be in teams for long either.

The First XIII
The First XIII (@the-first-xiii)
Reply to  CoG
2 months ago

Points wise, Stimson with a try = Lucy, but he only got 5 carries on the weekend. He might get lucky, but I don’t think he will get many chances

CoG
CoG (@sandworm)
Reply to  The First XIII
2 months ago

Late call up , Parras defence , wet conditions etc ,nearly got over the line second half and then bad pass. If tlt is cruel to him I may chop him down but if there are no rookies with Js I will wait a week and cross every thing hoping an opportunity opens up. I can play the likes of Walters ,Luai , Watkins as well so not situation critical

ItalianRaiders
ItalianRaiders (@italianraiders)
Sleeper
2 months ago

Any chance of any updates for Murray and/or Su´a? Nothing big, but a 45 for Su´a and 50-odd for Murray would make me feel much better about how they went. As has been mentioned before, a few players seem to have been scored pretty low, hoping there is some room there for the fairy to do her magic.

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  ItalianRaiders
2 months ago

i’m happy if they don’t downgrade , from what ive heard about the game it was a sloppy game . plenty penalties and scrums

23 errors
19 penalties

completions 75% and 67%

TurkeySnow
TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
Reply to  OnTheBus
2 months ago

Agree with this OTB, was a poor showing, Wrong Changes by bennett during the game and I doubt it happens again.

BT
BT (@bt)
2 months ago

Not exactly the start I was looking for. Sitting on 930 (Captain Turbo). Quite a few under-performers, mostly in the CTW; BJ Ramien and the Fus.

Pretty happy with my SJ pick though.

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
2 months ago

1116 with the C on Haas. Pretty happy with it.

Failings: Moses, Blake & Burns

Concerns: Arrow & Lucy

Trades: None

Keeping an eye on the HGrant situation as I do have Walters and that could need fixing.

Roosterblah
Roosterblah (@roosterblah)
2 months ago

Ended up on 1049 (Haas C) pending updates.

Blake, Williams, Ramien, Manu, Paps and Wiliame my under 50 scorers (so essentially all my ctw lol).

Deep Thinker
Deep Thinker (@the-king)
2 months ago

Waqa Blakes 6% ownership must be almost made up entirely of posters on here.

Aizen1986
Aizen1986 (@aizen1986)
Reply to  Deep Thinker

trading him to mann come 2pm today

CoG
CoG (@sandworm)
Reply to  Aizen1986
2 months ago

Mann went well creating in the trial as well. Seems much more switched on this season . While both those were against easy opposition Rooters B and shell shocked NZ still one to watch.

ItalianRaiders
ItalianRaiders (@italianraiders)
Sleeper
Reply to  Aizen1986
2 months ago

I didn’t buy him to start with but if I did, I wouldn’t be selling Blake after just one game. Still gotta think that Parramatta will click into gear sooner rather than later and they do play the Titans this weekend.

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
Reply to  Aizen1986
2 months ago

I’d hold fire on that trade vs the Titans is as good as it gets! If he fails again I’d consider moving him on. The Thursday game was one of the worst games of footy I’ve seen and the Eels looked unprepared and just expecting things to happen. They’ll be better next game.

Deep Thinker
Deep Thinker (@the-king)
Reply to  Team B
2 months ago

There’s no way known I’d be trading Blake to Mann.

Team B
Team B (@team-b)
Reply to  Deep Thinker
2 months ago

Oh yeah not to Mann haha. I was thinking more up to Yeo/Marsters. I’m really unlikely to trade him as I don’t like spending trades on CTW when it’s such a lottery. I feel with players like Blake you just pick and stick, I got him because his draw to start the season is as good as it gets, Eels scored 1 try so attacking players were always going to score poorly, little annoyed with his base but you get that with a CTW.

MyYfH8sSC
MyYfH8sSC (@tigers-for-15th)
Reply to  Aizen1986
2 months ago

Why? He plays the Titans this week!

Ed
Ed (@ed)
Sleeper
Reply to  Deep Thinker
2 months ago

I’m not sure why there was a craze to get Blake. He’s never been a SC relevant, even at that price.

John the Mechanic
John the Mechanic (@john-the-mechanic)
2 months ago

What to do with Musgrove ?

ItalianRaiders
ItalianRaiders (@italianraiders)
Sleeper
Reply to  John the Mechanic
2 months ago

Would like to know the answer to this too! With Twal playing big minutes and no hooker/half/outside back on the Tigers’ bench, he isn’t even going to get the minutes to be a slow burning cow.

OnTheBus
OnTheBus (@samardo)
Reply to  ItalianRaiders
2 months ago

ET came off though, might have impacted with free interchange

SC Rookie
SC Rookie (@manlysc)
Reply to  John the Mechanic
2 months ago

Im giving him one more week I think, and if nothing changes with minutes and base, then swap to Jsaf for only ~ 7K extra

Deep Thinker
Deep Thinker (@the-king)
Reply to  John the Mechanic
2 months ago

Trade next week to either Guler or Katoa pending BEs and NZ staying in the comp.

This is one of the reason I’m pulling the trigger on trades this week and correcting my side. Who knows what other crisis’ we may have in our sides.

BillyAbelaLFC
BillyAbelaLFC (@billyabela)
Reply to  John the Mechanic
2 months ago

Hold him another week then sell to whatever basement cheapie has the best negative b.e Most likely Guler or Katoa.

The Pretender
The Pretender (@the-pretender)
Reply to  BillyAbelaLFC
2 months ago

What do you think Guler’s role is with Sutton back ? Hudson Young and Bateman a while away so he has a few weeks at least.

Wallah Hezbula
Wallah Hezbula (@wallah-hezbula)

Remaining: 17K

Api, BBrailey
Haas, Knight, Kerr, Keppie
Lolo, Arrow, Kikau, DFifi, Carrigan, Katoa
Moses, Wakeham
GWill, Luai
Burns, Fus, Lomax, Watkins, Suli, Wiliame, Averillo
Turbo, Papy

Bad, bad week. Time to flick Fus and will flick Kikau pending injury report. Thinking Horse and Yeo could be the way to go.

central coast crab
central coast crab (@central-coast-crab)
Keeper
Reply to  Wallah Hezbula
2 months ago

I have Kikau too. Think I will be holding. Will be back at 80 either this week or next. Will only trade if there is a cash grab I can’t miss.

MDTh0mm0
MDTh0mm0 (@mdth0mm0)
Reply to  central coast crab
2 months ago

Do you think he will play 80? Havent heard otherwise genuinely asking, they have a lot of talent in the middle there

2073