Pimp My Team v2.0

As we welcome in the new year with champagne, fireworks and the possibility of keyrings, it’s time for us to start tinkering with our 2019 SuperCoach sides.

Thankfully, the team at News Ltd have come to the party this year and opened up the Team Planner (for those with a SuperCoach Gold subscription) early so we have a great asset to start pulling together our respective squads. Just log into the official SuperCoach and as long as you have a subscription it will be available for you enjoy.

This post is designed for you to share your squad of the day / hour and seek feedback. To make things tick over nicely it’s a good idea to give a bit of advice yourself, no one likes a tight ass.

Enjoy!

PS: you can find v1.0 here

nick1085

Site co-founder and all round SC tragic, Nick no longer writes too much these days but hosts the SC Report each week and looks after most of the site administration.

1900 Comments
    chooksm8
    chooksm8 (@hh123)
    Keeper
    1 year ago

After last weeks trials i decided to make a team essentially completely different to what i had. Significantly less stacked in the forwards.. A lot more poddy i guess. would love to hear some thoughts…

Smith (B.Smith)
    Fifi, Lodge (Napa, Carrigan)
    Tapau, Arrow, Murray (Ipap*, Nikora*, Host*)
    Cleary (Keighran)
    Moylan (Brown)
    Mitchell, Holland, Lomax, CNK (Salmon, Garrick, Allan)
    Teddy (RTS*)

29k

Sonnysideup
    Sonnysideup (@sonnysideup)

Cook, BSmith
    Fifita, Surgess, Napa, Haas
    Crichton, Arrow, Murray, Carty, Host, Nikora
    Cleary, Keighran
    Calker, Brown
    Latrell, Manu, BMoz, Lomax, Momo, Xerri, Allan
    Teddy, CNK
    $72K ITB
    Genius or insanity only time will tell 😆
    Really need TLT to put me out of my misery regarding cheapies

chooksm8
    chooksm8 (@hh123)
    Keeper
    Reply to  Sonnysideup
    1 year ago

chooks fan? even i couldn’t run with 3 roosters ctw’s.. spread your risk a bit more i would say with a bit more diversity

Sonnysideup
    Sonnysideup (@sonnysideup)
    Reply to  chooksm8
    1 year ago

You’ll be kicking yourself when we get off to a flyer 😈

TEDDY-19
    TEDDY-19 (@nrlsupercoach00)
    Reply to  Sonnysideup

Mate, big thumbs down that you couldn’t fit Tupou in. Get him in there! 😆

Sonnysideup
    Sonnysideup (@sonnysideup)
    Reply to  TEDDY-19

😛 😆

TurkeySnow
    TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
    1 year ago

So after trials wrapped up new side. Trying to lock in my spine only a few spots not set on, what do you think? Cook – Egan Tapow/Fifi – Lane(r)/Tatola Arrow/Murray/Surgess – Ipap(r)/Host/Nikora Cleary – Brown Morgan – Keighran Holland/Hampton/CNK/Lomax – Allen/Xerri/Garrick Widdop – Moylan(r) 111K ITB SOld on my spine and feel Surgess/Ipap/Lane all offer value, not sold on any back up hok atm and don’t feel Katoa has totally knocked Egan out of contention. Widdop is my POD pick to have a great season. Moylan after the trial is ?? But heavily involved, Tatola and host – feel… Read more »

chooksm8
    chooksm8 (@hh123)
    Keeper
    Reply to  TurkeySnow
    1 year ago

big fan of the forward back, ill be running similar

TurkeySnow
    TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
    Reply to  chooksm8
    1 year ago

Yeah just feel Fifi/Tapow will av 5-10pts ahead of all other straight out forwards. Sam and Lane could av 70 but require attacking stats each week

The Anchorman
    The Anchorman (@lucky-dave)
    Reply to  TurkeySnow
    1 year ago

I think there is too much uncertainty with Egan in the hooking role, with Katoa there.
    I would move Holland up to hooker instead & then bring Bird in that way as an alternative.
    Apart from that, your team looks good.

TurkeySnow
    TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
    Reply to  The Anchorman
    1 year ago

Thanks that is an option, just waiting now on TLT

SupercoachGodsBeNice
    SupercoachGodsBeNice (@supercoachgodsbenice)
    1 year ago

Alright after a little bit of a shake up from the trials I’m sitting on this

Mahoney, BSmith
    Fifi, Surgess, Napa*, Host/Kamikamica
    Crichton, Taupau, Arrow, Lane*, Murray*, Burr
    Cleary, Keighran
    Walker, Brown
    Holland, Bird, CNK, Lomax, Salmon, Nikora, Garrick
    RTS, Moylan*

24k ITB

How’s it stand?

TurkeySnow
    TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
    Reply to  SupercoachGodsBeNice
    1 year ago

Your still keen on the Mahoney pick! What if Eels run a utility?
    Fifi and tapow are locks top two scorers in frf again 5-10 pts ahead of all others imo.

Very similar to mine bar the inclusion of cook vs crichton.

I like it just hok concerns me

SupercoachGodsBeNice
    SupercoachGodsBeNice (@supercoachgodsbenice)
    Reply to  TurkeySnow
    1 year ago

If Eels run a utility it won’t take a whole heap to change my side and get Macca in really

Aizen1986
    Aizen1986 (@aizen1986)
    1 year ago

Hi all latest iteration below, feedback would be great as I am struggling this year. The below actually leaves me with 0 in the bank

Macca // Mahoney*
    Fifta, Wallace // Napa, Carrigan
    Jake, Arrow, Murray // Papalii*, Sironen*, Nikora
    Morgan // Keighran
    Ponga // Brown
    Masters, Kahu, CNK, Lomax // Garrick, Xerri, Allan
    Tedesco // RTS*

LOTE
    LOTE (@oscar-stgeorge)
    Reply to  Aizen1986
    1 year ago

I actually love it. 0 in the bank but no urgent foreseeable upgrades needed by TLT.

2theremarkersquare
    2theremarkersquare (@superdooper-coach)
    1 year ago

One week to go till Tilt so thought id throw my team up here and gauge some opinions, spent a lot of weeks going over everything and looking for the ultimate balance in the squad of consistent points and increasing team value. didn’t name the cheapies as they are the usual suspects this time of the year. (yes i’m a Parra fan)

McCullough
    Fifita – Ofahengaue
    Trbojevic – Arrow – Papalii
    Hughes
    Moses
    Marsters – Gutherson – Kahu – Lomax
    Tedesco

Reserves. Mahoney, Paulo, Lane, Gillett.
    ITB – $2,000

LOTE
    LOTE (@oscar-stgeorge)
    Reply to  2theremarkersquare

5 Parra players 😯

auspng
    auspng (@auspng)
    1 year ago

Alright, I think I’ve finally settled on a team… Until next Tuesday at least haha.

McCullough, Robson

Robson never relevant
    Haas is suspended

auspng
    auspng (@auspng)
    Reply to  matthewsmith6991
    1 year ago

If those are the only criticisms, I must be doing something right haha. Haas was really just a placeholder. I now realise that I have enough cash to be able to bring someone like Burr in to my 2nd row, switching kerr to Haas’ spot. Cheers for the feedback!

Steely
    Steely (@steely)
    Keeper
    Reply to  auspng
    1 year ago

Robson was a standout during the trials and with the news McInnes maybe traded, Robson was looking look. Looks like the rumour was BS but if true the he is in my team. Even with Hass you save a trade down the line as some of the FR cheapies will be very slow burn. Vanilla but very good team.

CoG
    CoG (@sandworm)
    1 year ago

Can this team keep pace early – too much coconut chocolate and not enough vanilla Smith Egan Don’t want to over invest here as no guns or rookies are screaming pick me Kapow Sammy Moose* host Lolo Arrow Murray IPap* Matto* Garner.* Bit worried by two tigers after that trial Garner would be the one I let go if…. Morgo Brown Munster NZ Bmoz Capewell CNK Nikora – Lomax Xerri Allen . Will start Garrick etc for Xerri if Teddy TMM -cheap ,capable of high ceiling Dpp Just enough itb to turn Bmoz into Bateman if it happens early $th… Read more »

matthewsmith6991
    matthewsmith6991 (@matthewsmith6991)

CNK: TU
    Capewell: TD

CoG
    CoG (@sandworm)
    Reply to  matthewsmith6991
    1 year ago

one up and one down as I have both in the team above

TurkeySnow
    TurkeySnow (@turkeysnow)
    Reply to  matthewsmith6991
    1 year ago

I may be wrong but I feel Bird/Hampton and CNK all better value then Capwell in CTW, yes edge back rower but he sisnt a work horse. and may well av 45-50. Now the othere mentioned may av 40-50 they have far greater opp to score big as well, I think someone like Bateman/CHN/Mau mid year or after 5-6 showing solid 55-60 consistent scores in ctw are well worth it then., But atm, I think when Graham returns capwell drops out? Nikora on SJ side in both trials, where Lewis lined up on the right, he has been earmarked to… Read more »

dnobos
    dnobos (@dnobos)
    Borderline keeper
    1 year ago

First time playing draft with a few guys on this site and ended up with this. 10 man league
    Teddy
    Issako,Sauce,GI,Peach
    Widdop,Arey
    Arrow,Brown(not Lewis),Tohu
    TPJ,Wallace
    Mahoney
    Res Haas,CNK,Bird,Carty
    Picked up the scraps with Mahoney and will need to trade if utility named on the bench but what do you guys think?

1900