Pimp My Team v2.0

As we welcome in the new year with champagne, fireworks and the possibility of keyrings, it’s time for us to start tinkering with our 2019 SuperCoach sides.

Thankfully, the team at News Ltd have come to the party this year and opened up the Team Planner (for those with a SuperCoach Gold subscription) early so we have a great asset to start pulling together our respective squads. Just log into the official SuperCoach and as long as you have a subscription it will be available for you enjoy.

This post is designed for you to share your squad of the day / hour and seek feedback. To make things tick over nicely it’s a good idea to give a bit of advice yourself, no one likes a tight ass.

Enjoy!

PS: you can find v1.0 here

nick1085

Site co-founder and all round SC tragic, Nick no longer writes too much these days but hosts the SC Report each week and looks after most of the site administration.

1900 Comments
    BDP2
    BDP2 (@bdp2)
    1 year ago

Any input would be a huge help – I have tried to get in mid price keepers/cows with the lack of out-and-out cows floating around.

$700 left over:

Hodgson (Roache)

Fifita TPJ (Haas) (Carrigan)

Crichton Jurbo Arrow (Murray*) (Kerr) (Nikora)

Morgan (Brown*)

Widdop (Moylan*)

Ramien Bateman Momirovski Lomax (Allan) (Ravalawa) (Xerri)

Teddy (Gutho*)

TEDDY-19
    TEDDY-19 (@nrlsupercoach00)
    Reply to  BDP2
    1 year ago

– I’d be wary of picking Ramien to start the season, especially at his price, given the Knights naturally gravitate to the LHS on attack, and as Ponga adjusts to life in the frontline. We saw it during the trial in the weekend where he didn’t see any ball, at all, with the Knights lacking any sort of cohesiveness. I’d only pick him if you feel in your gut he’s going to start the season off with a bang, otherwise, there are plenty of cheaper options, which would allow you to upgrade other positions. – I think you’re carrying far… Read more »

Time For Plan B
    Time For Plan B (@timeforplanb)
    Reply to  BDP2
    1 year ago

I wouldn’t have both Haas and Carrigan, as when Haas comes back Carrigan will be gone IMO. Try and find cash for Tatola? I’d look to downgrade Gutho myself, but could see arguments to downgrade Ramien. I’d shift Moylan to FLB and downgrade Gutho or Ramien to grab Keighran to free up cash to maybe be used elsewhere?

CSI
    CSI (@csi)
    Borderline keeper

Back up FB to Teddy
    TU. Widdop
    TD. Moylan

matthewsmith6991
    matthewsmith6991 (@matthewsmith6991)

RTS and Bateman: TU
    Mansour and Hughes: TD

Time For Plan B
    Time For Plan B (@timeforplanb)
    1 year ago

Pimp my team after trials fellas:
    Smith/Friend*
    Fifita Taupau/Napa* Host
    Jurbo Arrow IPapalii/Murray* Burr Flegler
    Cleary/Keighran
    Johnson/Brown
    Kahu CNK Lomax Nikora/Garrick Xerri Allan
    Tedesco/Ponga*
    14.8k ITB

mike2349
    mike2349 (@mike2349)

Pimp my team:

Hodgson (Egan)

Fifita, Taupau (Vaughan*, Napa*)

Arrow, Jurbo, Crichton (I.Papalii*, Murray*, Nikora)

Morgan (Keighran)

Milford (Brown)

Bateman, Capewell, Kahu, Lomax (Hopoate, Garrick, Xerri)

CNK (Allan)

$340k ITB

Time For Plan B
    Time For Plan B (@timeforplanb)
    Reply to  mike2349
    1 year ago

I don’t like how cheap you’ve gone with FLB at all. You need one of Teddy, Turbo or Ponga IMO. Too much cash ITB, so I’d go Allan to CTW and get rid of Capewell and grab a gun FLB. It’s ok to sit on that cash left over for now, but it needs to be spent after TLT IMO. Having loads of cash ITB won’t work this year I don’t think.

mike2349
    mike2349 (@mike2349)
    Reply to  Time For Plan B
    1 year ago

I have brought in teddy and ill wait for TLT to adjust the rest

TEDDY-19
    TEDDY-19 (@nrlsupercoach00)
    Reply to  mike2349
    1 year ago

I don’t mind this strategy TBH (obviously it’s reliant upon having enough CTW/FB cheapies to fill those spots), for the simple reason that it cuts down on slow-burn cows. Definitely food for thought as I’m certainly not comfortable with the cows I’ve got at 2RF and FRF at the moment.

chief58
    chief58 (@chief58)

afternoon all, 5th draft of my brisvegas chiefs,
    welcome all feedback on the team know there will be changes come TLT but lets see. cheers
    mc cullogh/ Skatoa
    fifi, taukeiaho, tatola, mikaele
    jurbo,fitzy,angus c,cam murray,vradley,stimson
    cleary, perham
    morgan, brown
    latrell,maumolo,lomax,nicollklokstad,xerri,nikora,allen
    teddy, drinkwater
    32600 ITB

Wallah Hezbula
    Wallah Hezbula (@wallah-hezbula)
    Reply to  chief58
    1 year ago

Drinkwater – torn pec so need to make first change there
    Maumalo – like him as a POD so really hope he goes well this season
    Perham – better off investing in Keighran

chief58
    chief58 (@chief58)
    Reply to  Wallah Hezbula
    1 year ago

THANKS wallah things to think about had hughes at fb before drinkwater but was trying to save $$. cheers

Sams seals
    Sams seals (@sams-seals)
    Reply to  chief58
    1 year ago

Stimson played himself out of a jersey IMO.

Wallah Hezbula
    Wallah Hezbula (@wallah-hezbula)
    1 year ago

Slight variation on my squad

Remaining: 13K

CS9, Macca
    Fifi, Kapow, R-Sutt, Host
    Jurbo, Gillette, Murray, I-Pap, Stimson, Garner
    DCE, Brown
    Morgan, Moylan
    Gutho, Kahu, B-Elliott, CNK, Lomax, Nikora, Garrick
    RTS, Allan

Thoughts always appreciated!

Team B
    Team B (@team-b)
    Reply to  Wallah Hezbula
    1 year ago

I know everyone seems to be keen on having an NPR but in your case I think you can easily reduce that number. I’d move Moylan to FB and pickup the warriors cheapie. If Allan gets a start i’d probably bring him into your CTW for Elliott or Kahu and use that extra money to upgrade Gillette to Surgess or a gun.

Wallah Hezbula
    Wallah Hezbula (@wallah-hezbula)
    Reply to  Team B

Cheers TB

Moranther
    Moranther (@moranther)

Hey guys,

Wanted to get thoughts on my team so far… a lot of the cheapies aren’t set yet; will wait until TLT.

Cook (Egan)
    Fifita/Papalii (Haas/Kerr)
    Lolo/Jurbo/Crichton (I. Papalii/Sele/Carrigan)
    Cleary (Keighran)
    Ponga (D. Brown)
    Holland/CNK/Lomax/Garrick (Herbert/Nikora/Xerri)
    Teddy (Moylan)

TheLaneTrain
    TheLaneTrain (@thelanetrain)
    Reply to  Moranther
    1 year ago

Egan, Kerr, Carrigan and Herbert all unlikely. Haas suspended for four games.
    Team is too gun heavy. Great starting 13 but the only reserves I’d be comfortable playing are IPapalii and Moylan. Someone like Lolo or J Papalii has to be downgraded.

Moranther
    Moranther (@moranther)
    Reply to  TheLaneTrain
    1 year ago

But if I have a gun starting 13 + Papalii and Moylan then I only need 2 more players (probably cheapie CTWs or a cheapie forward) to round out the 17. Surely TLT will provide me with some more cheapies to bolster the squad too?

Benny's Jets
    Benny's Jets (@bennyandthejets)
    1 year ago

hey guys, trying to tinker with my team and am close to losing it! any suggestions appreciated w/ 11k ITB:

Smith (Holland*)
    Fifi, Taupau (Napa, Kerr)
    Jurbo, Crichton, Arrow (IPap*, Murray*, Nikora)
    Cleary (Keighran)
    Morgan (Brown)
    CNK, Mom, Lomax, Garrick (Allan, Xerri, Rava)
    Teddy (Moylan*)

ideas to free up cash to upgrade CTW is probably the most key aspect i need, but any other observations please feel free to leave a comment 🙂

Time For Plan B
    Time For Plan B (@timeforplanb)
    Reply to  Benny's Jets
    1 year ago

Have you thought of running BSmith as a backup HOK? Could move Holland down to CTW and if you play both you don’t miss out on any points. Obviously risky without knowing minutes. Otherwise I’d personally downgrade Crichton to get funds if you really want to, but I don’t mind your CTW. Just think you need Kanu though as dumb as it sounds.

Benny's Jets
    Benny's Jets (@bennyandthejets)
    Reply to  Time For Plan B
    1 year ago

yeah i agree, i wanted Kahu over Mom but didnt know where to downgrade to get the funds for that.

also tried a BSmith at backup hooker option before, but would mean he is in my 17 and with his minutes unknown, not sure how i feel about that. i did like the set up a lot better though.

either way, thank you! definitely something to consider

Goyougoodthing
    Goyougoodthing (@goyougoodthing)
    1 year ago

Cook, Holland* Fifi, Kapow, Napa, Host Jurbo, Arrow, Surgess, Murray*, Ipap*, Burr Morgan, Keighran Moses, Brown Kahu, CNK, Lomax, Nikora, Allen, Xerri, Garrick Teddy, RTS* 11k ITB I’m now done with all left field thought patterns, back to shades of vanilla. I’ve gone with the standard minimum in Ctw, with probably a couple of npr’s. I’d say RTS is worth the extra 40k over Moylan. He seems to be more involved without SJ and has a decent early run. Cook seems to be the only safeish option at HOK. If Martin starts in res, surely you have to find cash… Read more »

Time For Plan B
    Time For Plan B (@timeforplanb)
    Reply to  Goyougoodthing
    1 year ago

Honestly I think everyone is currently in the wilderness. I’ll be surprised if anyone is genuinely confident in their team to produce 25 money makers from round 1. In saying that I really like the way your squad looks. Vanilla as you said, but nothing wrong with sitting on that until TLT.

Personally can’t stomach going Moses though.

Goyougoodthing
    Goyougoodthing (@goyougoodthing)
    Reply to  Time For Plan B

Thanks for the input!

I’m also a little unsure about Moses.

Looking at his stats from last year, he had those two 130 scores but also 8 scores 25 or under.

Surely he can’t score that low, that many times again . If he can avg within 10 points of Cleary with a saving of 200k, I’ll be happy (big if!)

I just feel like it’s crunch time for Moses. Either he steps up this year or bye bye big $ contracts.

Wish me luck, might need it lol

1900