It’s been a few years since we’ve had a dedicated cheapie article but here you go.
This information was previously included within the Weekend Roundup but that article is super, super long already so we’ve decided split it into two and give the Simonsson Star it’s own home.
JT will provide both articles each Monday and Tuesday going forward – we hope you enjoy!
Zac Lomax headlines the list of players who have gone beyond the $270k mark and into the regular players this week, but many would have been hoping for an 80-minute effort from him. Elsewhere, Pat Herbert is still within reach for anyone who didn’t jump on already with a low score of just 23 while Ryan Papenhuyzen shoots himself up from the ‘Yeah, Nah’s into a very interesting cheapie option with a mammoth effort off the bench in the Storm’s rout of the Eels.
The Simonsson Stars
Thomas Dearden (39) – Many got on already but plays his third game this week and will be a heavily-owned player by the end of it.
Patrick Herbert (23) – Denied a try assist/linebreak assist that ultimately went to RTS. Would have helped massively here but gives anyone who didn’t jump on last week another shot here with only the $30k increase to his name.
Hudson Young (55) – I yeah, nah’d him last week despite his Tryscoring 63 points, and then he was named at starting lock, then came out and played the full 80 minutes. Whoops.
Jake Turpin (43) – First game of the year in McCullough’s absence and knocked out the full 80. Might be sharing the hooking duties once Segeyaro arrives on the scene.
Ryan Papenhuyzen (119) – An 8, 2 and 10 off the bench followed by a 51 and then this. Wow. From around half an hour on the field. That is a massive effort. Will make a stack of cash the next few rounds and be a body for Round 16, but I can’t ever see another effort like this during the year from anyone.
Kyle Flanagan (62) – Another great effort in the halves nets him a nice $43k price rise and more to come.
Jai Field (52) – Pint-sized but needed only pace to burn the Warriors and RTS in the first half. Could get a nice run in the halves with Corey Norman out and Ben Hunt in Origin this year.
Caleb Aekins (43) – Another solid, if unspectacular, outing for the young kid.
Kotoni Staggs (33) – Stocks have risen now with the issues around Bird/Roberts but a high-score (albeit with many bench games included) is just 55 this year.
Wayde Egan (32) – Not the greatest work rate for a big-minute hooker but making a reasonable amount of cash.
Aaron Gray (90) – Another Sharks backline member who doubled up against the brittle Titans’ defence. A week ago he hit 10 points in 80 minutes. So…yeah.
Blayke Brailey (36) – A last-minute TS/LBA to Gallen scores him another price rise.
Gehamat Shibasaki (35) – Could be in for a reasonable run in the side now with Bird’s ACL injury and James Roberts seemingly on the outer, but still has a 2-point game to roll out of his average this week.
Corey Allan (21) – Slides right back into the Stars after a brief venture out after losing price with another 20-point effort.
Bailey Simonsson (17) – The Original Star finally gets his third game and a cracking $17k price rise to match his points output!
Jaeman Salmon (9) –Awful effort this game.
- Michell Dunn (56) – Yeah, nah.
- Chris McQueen (50) – Yeah nah.
- Ligi Sao (50) – Hey, Soggy’s back again!
- Sitili Tupouniua (48) – Yeah, nah.
- Danny Fualalo (46) – Yeah, nah.
- Kurt Baptiste (46) – Yeah, nah.
- Corey Horsburgh (43) – Yeah, nah.
- Dean Whare (42) – Yeah, nah.
- Thomas Mikaele (41) – Yeah, nah.
- Dunamis Lui (36) – Yeah, nah.
- Sam Williams (35) – Yeah, nah.
- Chris Smith (35) – Yeah, nah.
- Tyrell Fuimaono (28) – Yeah, nah.
- Abbas Miski (28) – Yeah, nah.
- Toa Sipley (26) – Yeah, nah.
- Thomas Flegler (26) – Yeah, nah.
- Sione Katoa (26) – Yeah, nah.
- Morgan Boyle (25) – Yeah, nah.
- Mark Nicholls (25) – Yeah, nah.
- Patrick Carrigan (25) – Yeah, nah.
- Oliver Clark (23) – Congrats on your debut!
- Kaide Ellis (22) – Yeah, nah.
- Jesse Arthars (21) – Yeah, nah.
- Jacob Liddle (20) – Yeah, nah.
- Francis Molo (18) – Yeah, nah.
- Jack Stockwell (16) – Yeah, nah.
- Max King (16) – Yeah, nah.
- Jeremy Latimore (12) – Yeah, nah.
- Fa’amanu Brown (12) – Yeah, nah.
- Kurt Mann (11) – Yeah, nah.
- Moses Suli (8) – Yeah, nah.